is this a good build?

Options

so my friend Asked me to do a 700 dollar build and i was thinking since there's no gpu available right now and he wants to build one in the next month or so. if no gpu's become available by then why not do this build and he can use GeForce now and get the subscription with rtx mode on so he can game like that until theres a good gpu in stock. Is this a good build im not the best but i'm open to any changes.

pc list

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML120L RGB V2 65.59 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard

Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Seagate BarraCuda 120 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

pc part picker says it comes out $658.75

if there any changes to be made please say so and help guide me in the better direction for this build.

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options

I would say that this is a fair build. What GPU are you looking to pair with it?

If you're going with any of the current generations of GPUs, such as the RTX 3000 or RX 6000, I'd recommend going with at least a 3200G.

What's your total budget for this build after adding the GPU?

• Cesarito32
    Options

no i don't plan on using an rtx 3000, the max budget is 750, i would like a decent gpu like a 1660 super or something less, something in the entry level for gaming but with the current prices on gpu's its hard to find a good one to fit this budget of $750. as for the build would you change anything or is that a fair build for a budget of $700

• TS_JosephF
    TS_JosephF admin
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 2021
    Options

@Cesarito32

I would say this is a good build for your budget. I would have to advise looking into Intel CPUs at the current prices. That 2200G is listed around $170 on PC part picker. We have the i3-10100 for $100 right now. or you can get an i5-10400 for $150 (at the time of writing this). Of course that would require you to change boards but it could allow you to get a little added performance while staying within your budget.

I am tempted to buy one of these myself at this price and I don't even have a board to go with it yet.

As for GPUs, the prices have been only increasing since the demand has been incredibly high. I certainly hope you can find a 1660 Super for a decent price. It would be a good GPU based on the other parts you selected. Although you are not leaving yourself much room with a 450w PSU. You may want to consider a 550w if you go with the 1660.

Hope this helps!

• Cesarito32
    Options

yes it helped very much thank you for the advice really appreciate it

• JS_MC
    Options

Happy to help!

Do let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99