Stock

Options

What is the best way to know if something is in stock in the physical store, when I check online the website it states a card is in stock, but when I arrive there it is not on the shelf where the graphics cards are displayed even when I ask one of the owners if any GPUs are in stock.

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @termin and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. With the store receiving medium to large volumes of customers in store each day, if a gpu is showing in stock online, Its available at that time it shows in stock. If a customer decides to drive to the store for the gpu, there's a high chance a in -store customer will purchase the same GPU while someone is driving into the store. No the GPU is out of stock even though online at the time it was viewed 15 to 20 minutes previously, it showed in-stock. With how the GPU industry is right now with limited inventory everywhere, the best option to get a GPU is to literally visit the store everyday; to see what's in stock or what will be on the delivery truck that day you are visiting. The other option is newegg.com or amazon.com. Depending on the card, you may have to pay a premium cost for the card from online retailers.

Good luck

• termin
    Options

How do I know when it is available during the time?

• TSTDavey
    Options

@termin you'll know online when GPUs are available. But you're competing with in store customers at the time to get a GPU. A in-store customer will always have 1st crack at a GPU over a customer viewing stock online. That why your best option is to visit the store daily to see if they have any GPUs in stock or if the delivery truck that day will have any. Sometimes you'll have to wait for the truck for when it comes to see if the store will have any GPUs. Try visiting the store when it opens at 10am to check on GPUs in stock. If non are in stock, follow up on what time the delivery truck comes. Also ask about the 3000 series voucher system. If any come in on the truck the store may be able to call you when the truck comes in if you are still in the area of the store.

• termin
    Options

Alright thanks, also the cards listed on the website are what they are selling for?

• TSTDavey
    Options

@termin yes, the price for the GPU will be the same for the card in store. If you are able to get one, you do have price protection for purchased merchandise for 30 days from the date of purchase. So if the card goes down in price within the 30 days at the MC store, contact us for an adjustment. You'll get refunded the difference.

• termin
    Options
  • Jbc029
    Options
    A more accurate answer is that if you see a listing with an actual number of units (1,3,7,25+), then there are actual cards at the store. A listing if "limited availability" means the store has no physical stock to sell you. It may soon via expected incoming shipment or someone not redeeming a voucher from months ago, but nothing available for you to purchase immediately.
  • steelaw
    steelaw ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2021
    Options
    best thing to do is get to the store before it opens and just wait in line outside that's what I had to do.i waited  outside 3 hours prior to store opening.i hate the limited availability on the inventory.to me it's misleading.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99