Chosen Parts - These look good?

Options

I've always liked Asus. I've only bought their boards so I like what they've got here. Especially including the 10gbe.

I guess my main question is is this the right memory? Can i get something better for the same price or even cheaper.

I'd also like to use a Noctura CPU cooler if possible. Had good luck with their fans but don't think they'll work in this pc case. I do like Liam Li cases but am not stuck on this one. Would change cases to get to use the Noctura.

I've got a good power supply and GPU so those are not needed and also drives. I do want an NVMe drive for dual booting Linux and Windows 10.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options

Hello @Hengy

I'd recommend the Noctua NH-D15S. The cooler is compatible with the case that you've selected!

The ASUS motherboard you've selected is something that I would consider a bit of an overkill option unless you plan on doing some very serious overclocking.

The RAM you selected will work well with the rest of the parts you've selected.

What PSU do and GPU do you plan to pair with this build?

I'm not seeing a mentioned budget for the parts you've selected. Did you have a budget in mind?

Also, what do you plan to use this build to do and what monitor do you plan to pair with this?

• Hengy
    Options

I have a corsair 850 psu. The reason I want this motherboard is the 10k gbe and ability to use multiple sticks for drives.

I have a GeForce GTX 2060 Super for GPU and a 4k LG monitor.

I know it's a bit overkill but I tend to build a new computer every 7-8 years so it has to last.

I mostly do Tv Commercial color grading and VFX remotely. At some point I'll be doing it using this build. Hopefully not for a while.

No real budget in mind. Just want to build a great rig.

Thanks for the reply.

• JS_MC
    Options

Yeah, I'd say that you've got a great build here! I think you'll definitely want to add a better cooler than the one on the list.

The Noctua that I mentioned or an AIO would be a good fit!

Let me know if you have more questions.

• Hengy
    Options

That sounds great. I'm near the Yonkers, NY store. How has the sales help been? I would probably have to go there during the week to get some serious consulting advice. Are they good for advice?

I know Landshark you probably work there.

• JS_MC
    Options

Our associates in our BYO department are extremely knowledgeable about systems and builds! They would be happy to help answer any questions you may have about your build and can help you while you're in the store!

I am not in the store there, I'm actually in our corporate offices! I'm still here for you if you have any questions or concerns!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99