What GPU should I choose?

I have encountered a predicament on what graphics card I should choose. I have a 1440p 170hz monitor. I want to be able to achieve 200+ FPS on triple a titles. I am using a Ryzen 9 3900XT. I was wondering if a RTX 3070 would achieve this or should I get something better like a RTX 3080? 

Comments

• It would depend on the triple-A title. For the time being, most GPUs still would not be possible to reach 200+ FPS if you're maxing settings at 1440p; even using a 3080. You might be able to in some titles if you reduce the graphics settings.

I'd recommend going with the one that fits your budget or what you can find available. If you're looking for 200+ FPS I'd go with the higher-end GPU.

• Ok. Thanks for your help. I will be playing games like DayZ, Rust, and Escape from Tarkov. They are not demanding titles and should be able to pull my desired FPS whether or not I get a 3080. Hopefully.
  • I believe you'd be able to do so. Depending on your settings, EFT may have some difficulty.

Here's a video I've found with some comparisons using Ryzen processors with a 3080. I'd imagine the 3900XT would be a 1-3% increase performance from 3900. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZFfaCoVKPs

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99