RTX 30XX Online Orders — Micro Center

RTX 30XX Online Orders

Sorry if this has already been addressed...

Why are you not allowing online orders for the RTX 30 cards? It seems like it would be much safer and more efficient to load the stock online each day they deliver, and allow online pickup orders, rather than having people line up each day in the hopes of just MAYBE getting a card. The current way is not very good for social distancing, and leads to alot of disappointment for those who don't arrive two hours early. You can also easily cancel the order if there are stock issues, but it shouldn't be an issue if you accurately load the stock when they come in.

Comments

• I'm guessing they don't wanna address this... skipping it and answering other stuff...

• Apologies for the delay, it's not that I don't want to address this, it's just that I'd like to give you a correct answer.

I don't have a direct answer for you at this time, but I have inquired with leadership about this.

I can give you my opinion, but know that this is only my opinion and doesn't reflect the views or opinions of Micro Center.

My assumption would be that they are doing their best to allow customers who are available in-person to be able to purchase a new card for either their system or their new build. Allowing someone in person over someone who can set up a script to automatically reserve a card.

I do know that they have taken steps to ensure a safe shopping environment and they have posted the changes on the website.

I get your frustration with not being able to purchase a GPU, however, it's nearly impossible to purchase a GPU anywhere right now. Not just a Micro Center. Since Micro Center is a brick-and-mortar store, I would think they would prefer local customers in the store over customers who are not.

I hope my opinions are able to answer your questions.

• Thanks, I appreciate you trying to answer. My main source of frustration is that the online inventory, in my experience, is not correct. I can drive the half hour to get there and find they're out of stock, and come home to find it still saying in stock (Limited Availability anyway) - several cards still say this now. What does Limited even mean? More than one?

I certainly understand wanting to prevent bots from buying up everything, but there are some pretty decent bot controls out there now that can be implemented. Sorry for showing my frustration, I know you're just trying to help.

• I can understand that as well. To my understanding of the way that the system at Micro Center works, they have to add the item to their inventory for it to be sold. When the item is added to the inventory it is added to the website's inventory, as the website shows a live inventory of what is available in the store.

That website should update about every 15 minutes. The key thing to note here is that it can be askew due to extenuating circumstances, i.e. Customers purchasing items as soon as the store opens, vouchers handed out, or others.

Hopefully, things will return to some sort of normal as far as inventory goes. It would be nice to have an inventory level that could match the demand.

I'm sure that Micro Center would love to sell you a GPU if they had them readily available. 😊

• I'm sure they would! It would just be nice if they made it easier than "come in, maybe we have cards, maybe not!" Online pickup orders from verified customers seems the best way, at least to me. Hell I'd even send them a copy of my ID and a selfie if it made them feel comfortable that I'm not a bot.

• I'll gladly pass along the suggestions and feedback you've made here but I do believe that they might be working on something along those lines, but I'm not able to confirm anything.