Advice on entry level video editing build

Options

Hey guys,

Below is my video editing build that I would like MicroCenter to help me put together. My budget is $1000 (or right around there).

Do you have any advice on what parts I can swap out to keep it below about $1100 (including labor)?

I really want that processor, as I know it is important for video editing. The GPU I heard is not nearly as important, as I am really just using Premiere Pro, not doing heavy rendering with Davinci for After Effects. Maybe there is a lower cost GPU you could recommend?

Thank you!

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=90e0c525-0ca6-46ef-a6b2-fb8a698ce5c6

Comments

• TS_EmileC
    Options

Hello @Apollo1990. Ideally you would need a system with a lot of RAM and a multicore processor (4 cores being the minimum). What you have is great for an entry level editing rig. At the minimum, Premiere Pro recommends at least a GT 970 or R9 290 for a video card and an i5-4590 / AMD FX 8350 for a processor. In essence, you can get by with an RX 580 or GT 1070 if you can find one in stock and you can go down to a 3700X and save 50 bucks. There is a slight performance gap but not worth the price difference for the 3800X. I would get 16GB of RAM and upgrade as needed. A 6-core processor is right where you need to be.

• Just the advice I needed, thank you!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99