Brand New G467 PC BSOD/Restarting

aknott01
aknott01
First Comment
edited February 2021 in General Discussion

Hi there,

I'm getting BSOD's/restarts with a new G467. It's happened three times, once on boot, once while transferring files from a USB drive and once while loading up a game. I've updated BIOS, drivers, did a clean install of Nvidia drivers, ran chkdsk and Windows Memory Diagnostic, but seems to be still occurring.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I only caught the BSOD error once, but it was "Page Fault In Non Paged Area".

This is what was in the event viewer from the most recent one, if that's helpful.

Comments

• TSTDavey
    TSTDavey admin
    First Anniversary Micro Center Staff First Comment 5 Likes
    edited February 2021

Hello @aknott01 and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Was there new software installed prior to the Page Fault IN Non Paged Area error messages?

This issue is software or windows 10 related. Have you updated windows as well?

One option you can try is going into device manager and uninstalling your GPU and deleting its drivers. Restart the computer and re-install its drivers.

See links below. Test your computer after you reboot and reinstall the GPU drivers.

If you still have problems. Update your motherboard Chipset drivers, see link below. Then test your system again. If still have the issue, you can try updating the bios if you have not already via the USB method. You can also bring it to the store for warranty service as well. Another option would be to reinstall windows as a pc reset keep my files. See if reinstalling windows will correct the Paged Area error.

Let us know the results from these troubleshooting options.

Device Manager GPU uninstall:

https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/133-how-to-clean-install-video-card-drivers-in-windows-10

GPU Drivers:

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/TUF-RTX3080-10G-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Motherboard Chipset Driver and Bios files:

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z490-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_download

• Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have run Windows Update. I haven't installed version 20H2. Any reason to try that?

I've gone ahead and updated chipset drivers and followed all the steps to uninstall/reinstall GPU drivers. I'll wait and see if I get the BSOD/restart again. I don't think there's any repeatable way to cause it, but let's see what happens. If I'm still having the issue, I'll try the Windows reinstall.

Thanks for your help. Will update if I'm still having issues after trying all of the options.

Thanks!

• I get this same bsod when I start certain games, and its been happening for months pls let me know how it turns out. My discord is Beans#9510 I would love to know what happens.

• @aknott01 Yes, installing the latest updates is a good idea.

Keep us updated! Hopefully, this solved this issue for you!

@asp1898

I've responded to the discussion that you've created. Happy to help you there!

• aknott01
    aknott01
    First Comment
    edited February 2021

Hey there,

Finally tried a re-install of Windows yesterday and all seemed ok, but when I booted up tonight after work it went straight to a BSOD with a "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" error. Bad RAM?

Anyway, once the PC reboots, everything seems to be coming up fine. I guess it's just an inconvenience, but I paid a lot of $$$ for this computer and I'd like to get it to work smoothly.

If there is any additional information I can provide, let me know. And I'm happy to try any other suggestions you may have. Let me know what you think.

Thanks again for you help.

EDIT: About two minutes after posting, another BSOD while installing a Windows update: something like Attempting to Write Into Read Only Memory.

• Hello @aknott01 I'd recommend running a SFC scan.

Click the link above for detailed instructions about how to do this.

Type CMD in the Start menu search bar, right-click the program "Command Prompt" and select Run as administrator. One command prompt is open, type "sfc /scannow" and then press enter.

This should perform a scan and correct any damaged system files.

Let us know if this solves this issue for you.

• Scan didn't seem to find anything. I can wait and see if crashes continue, or if there's anything else worth trying now, let me know.

Thanks

• Another option would be to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.

In the start menu search bar type MdSched and press enter.

This should bring up the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Select "Restart now and check for problems (recommended)."

This should restart your computer and when it reboots it will run a test on your memory.

Please let us know if this returns any results.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99