Need help with Motherboard

Options

I am putting together an Core I7 10700k system. I have tentatively selected the Gigabyte Z490 AORUS PRO AX Intel LGA 1200 ATX. I'm looking for rock solid longevity. My last build was a Disignaire and it has worked well. I saw some mixed results and am second guessing myself. I mostly don't game but do some graphics manipulation/video. I have to support this to my wife, and it can't be unstable in any way.

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @gkiteguy and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Just sharing some thoughts first based on my experience. What I have seen is that there is always a risk with custom built systems not having good longevity in general, no matter the board or cpu. Just because all the PC components to build a system are manufactured by different manufacture's to work and be compatible with each other, but they're still produced and designed by different companies. Pre-built systems like a Dell or HP use components that are Dell/HP approved for their systems. They're not using a collection of different component manufacturer's for their systems. A pre-built has a higher probability of lasting longer than a custom system; even though pre-built pc's can have issues too.

Just sharing my experiences. I'd go with a pre-built system for video editing if the longevity of the PC staying up and running over a long term, is a concern, over building a system.

Just my opinion based of my experiences.

As far as the Gigabyte z490, its a good board. Look at the Asus Maximus XII Hero. There's are more reliability reviews out there for the Maximus board than the Z490. The Z490 may be a better board, but check out some of the reliability reviews on the Maximus. Decide then if want to go with the Z490 or trying out the Maximus board.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99