Why was my purchase cancelled?

Options
I ordered a computer, and RAM for that computer, online on 2/27. Order#: 12217538. I paid over $100 for next day shipping. I got an email saying it would leave your warehouse on 3/6. I checked the bank today, (3/2) and the money has been returned. Online it still shows order pending, but now magically the computer I already paid for is listed as a pick up only item that’s out of stock at the nearest store. Your nearest store is 12 hours away. AFTER I got charged extra for next day shipping and purchased it. What gives? I have not received an email saying the order has been cancelled or the company changed the status of the computer to store only. Even if they did, it’s a crap move after already accepting payment and promising delivery for it. If you aren’t sending my computer, can you at least confirm cancellation? I can’t leave thousands of dollars there and not know what is going on with it. I also don’t need RAM for a computer you’ve chosen not to send me. I can’t find a live chat box, so hoping to get some answer here of what’s going on since no one has emailed me since receipt of my payment. 

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options

Hello @Sav_Lion

I'm sorry about the confusion here. We did confirm that we'd received your order request and requested authorization from your bank.

Please contact us directly at (614) 850-3675. We'd love to assist you with this directly.

• Sav_Lion
    Options
    I called and spoke to someone at length about the issue. They called my bank and we had a three way chat. The lady on the phone said everything should be straight, the issue was being remedied, and discounted the overnight delivery charge. She said it would be at my doorstep by tomorrow and leave the warehouse today. Except...I have no receipt, the order is still pending, and the money is still in the bank. Is there any way to get live updates with this company? Or something in writing? I’ve never used micro center before, but heard good things. After this experience, not so sure. So far all that’s changed is my delivery charge in the hypothetical online order when I log in.
  • Sav_Lion
    Options
    Basically, I need to know if I’m actually going to get a computer or if I need to buy elsewhere. I need a receipt, a delivery confirmation, an email, something. What I was told on the phone sounds great. But it’s not in writing. If the money hasn’t been taken out, you guys aren’t going to ship it. You don’t ship it, it doesn’t arrive tomorrow. I’m leaving town Friday, and can’t afford to play guessing games with my schedule, or leave a few thousand dollars in hardware sitting on the porch on a random day because I wasn’t notified of anything. Suggestions?
  • TSTDavey
    Options

@Sav_Lion just chiming in Russell. I followed up on this with the Microcenter Online Customer Service Supervisor. An email is being generated to you now as I'm typing this. The powerspec 900 has to be processed as in stock, which should be tonight. A full documented email is on its way to you. Once its processed tonight, it should be shipped. Let us know if you do not receive the emailed correspondence.

• Sav_Lion
    Options
    @TSTDavey Thank you Davey, I received the email. The order was cancelled again, and is suppose to be resubmitted tomorrow I’m told. From there, hopefully sent directly to the warehouse and shipped here, fingers crossed. The problem is being promised things on the phone that aren’t true or possible, then being left in the dark with no paperwork or any idea if I bought anything or not. Kudos to “Missy,” she was thorough and helped me sort some of this, and helped me understand some of what is going on or why. This entire process has been backwards, slow, and counterproductive, but she was professional and understanding enough to help walk me through it.
  • TSTDavey
    Options

@Sav_Lion Just chiming in again. I'm just getting in. I can see where the process has been confusing for you and with this particular order. Normally its not like this, but I understand your sentiment completely. So we do apologize for the inconvenience. I'm glad Erin was able to convey how the moving parts work on our the Microcenter side for online orders. I did check on Powerspec and it was processed this morning 03/04/2021. With next day shipping you should receive it by Tomorrow (Friday, March 5th) which would be the next day after the Powerspec was processed. Let us know here or reply to the email if there are any more questions or issues.

Once you get the Powerspec and you need some Tech questions answered, don't hesitate to post them here or try our Tech chat or call 800-490-5536 for a MC Tech Representative.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99