Pc shuts off Warzone

Options
I recently build a pc about 1 month ago with the components listed below. Was working great then there was a Call of Duty update and PC started shutting down randomly at different times during the game.
New game update comes out, work fine for about 1 week. Another game update came up about 1 week ago and now I cant even get to the lobby screen. PC shuts down when loading and installing shader packs in Warzone. I have tried updating all drivers. Tried uninstalling and installing them again. Uninstalled the game, re-downloaded and fresh install. Removed and reseated the GPU, RAM. Recently went from a 750W to a 850W PSU. I dont see any anything overheating. Lowered game settings to low. Also changed power management settings to 95% max CPU power. What is odd is that I am able to run Cold War fine. I have ran out of ideas and havent found a solution anywhere amd this is the game I play the most. 

PC Build
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Cooler: stock Ryzen CPU cooler
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING, 10G-P5-3885-KR, 10GB GDDR6X,
MOBO: ASROCK B550 PRO4 ATX
PSU: EVGA BQ 750W 80+B SM ATX (removed) 3/1/21
PSU updated: changed to a NZXT C850 80+G FM ATX PSU
STORAGE: SAMSUNG E 1TB 970EVO NVME M.2 SSD. M
RAM: G.SKILL 16GB ZX8 D4 3600 RIPJAWS
CASE: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case
Fans: 3 stock fans that came with case.

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @Mrvictor and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Just a few questions and things to try. Are you launching COD via the Blizzard desktop app? If so try resetting the app under game settings for COD in the app. Another alternative to look at is your power options. Make sure your power options are set to "High Performance". Last computer option to look at is updating your ASrock boards bios via USB (see link below for the bios). If you do that make sure the power options are still set to High Performance, then test out the game at that point.

Let us know the results.

We'll look more into the COD Warzone update pc issue. So far nothing has been announced from Activision. But if the PC crashing began immediately after the COD update, could be an issue or bug in the COD update and not the computer.

Keep us in the loop.

Link:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Pro4/#BIOS

• Mrvictor
    Options

TSTDavey, I am launching the game via the Blizzard app. I did the resetting to default settings in the Blizzard app, changed all the power settings back to high performance, ran the game and so far it worked. Could all of this have been a simple solution just by resetting the game in the app? Crossing my fingers it keeps up.

I have not updated my BIOS since I purchased the motherboard, but I think I will eventually.

• JS_MC
    Options

It's possible that some of the settings may have been causing the issue. Hopefully, this solves the issue for you!

One other step that has helped me in the past is to scan and repair.

Corrupted and damaged game files can cause a wide variety of problems and errors. Use the repair tool to fix these issues.

Open the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.

Click the icon of the game you are trying to repair.

Click the options wheel below the title of the game and select Scan and Repair.

Click Begin Scan.

Wait for the repair to finish.

I hope this is already fixed for you, but do let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

• Mrvictor
    Options
    So far, no shut downs anymore. Im very surprised this fixed the issue. I had tried scan and repair but didnt do nothing when I tried that prior to this.
  • TSTDavey
    Options

@Mrvictor just chiming in. @LandShark has a point it could have been some game file corruption that conflicted with the COD update. Its hard for anyone to tell even PC Tech Support Technicians. If your system is no longer crashing on COD don't worry about the BIOS.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99