Powerspec G464 Crashing

Options

I'm having issues with my PC for a couple of months now. All of my displays just turned off and the GPU fans slowed down initially but now I'm seeing artifacts on all of my screens while playing games. The games with the most issues are Cyberpunk and Dota 2. The computer is well cooled and the vitals usually look fine, I haven't overclocked anything either.

The games usually crash when this issue happens and I have to restart to fix it. Any insight is useful, even tips on being able to recreate issues like these if I can take it to the store to get it looked at.

Video of issue:https://streamable.com/hswg99

System Configurationhttps://www.microcenter.com/product/613824/powerspec-g464-gaming-computer

• Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMIING X570-PLUS
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
  • PSU: Corsair SF750W 80+ Platinum
  • Display(s): 3 x Dell S2716DG
  • System Memory: 32GB Dual Channel 2132 MHz
  • GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700XT 8GB

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options

Hello @Timetable2

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community! I apologize to hear that you are having issues with your PowerSpec G464.

Have you tried performing any troubleshooting steps already? The main one being updates to your 5700XT driver as well as troubleshooting around your 5700XT Drivers?

• Timetable2
    Options

Yep, I have the latest drivers. I have done DDU and also reached out to AMD asking if this is a known issue, and they have said it's not normal behavior and ran me through some hard driver refresh tips. I have done a windows refresh based on a suggestion from the micro center technical chat.

• TSPhillipT
    Options

Hello @Timetable2

Thanks for providing that information to me! Sounds like you went through a lot when it comes to fixing this issue, with our only thoughts at the moment being a hardware issue with either the card or the power supply with issues delivering the power to your GPU. I see you have changed out the Power Supply to a Corsair SF750W and I recommend trying the original Power Supply for a bit to see if you experience these issues still.

• Timetable2
    Options

My bad, it's the original power supply. I have just added some additional storage to the computer.

• TSPhillipT
    Options

Hello @Timetable2

I see, we can definitely take a look at this if you would like to bring it in to our service desk and we can definitely take a look at this for sure. We can attempt to repeat it but that video you provided us is great evidence for this issue.

• Timetable2
    Options

Cool, I'll take it to the Brooklyn store this weekend and refer to this threat. Thanks!

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

For future reference if anyone stumbles upon this thread, what you are seeing in that video is artifacting. This is typically caused by a bad input cable, failing VRAM or cold solder joint on the GPU die. Seeing as @Timetable2 has 3 monitors plugged in, it's likely safe to assume that all 3 cables are not bad, so this is unfortunately a failing GPU. It's not common at all, but it can definitely happen.

Bringing it in to the store is definitely the best option for replacement as even if you do manage to fix these kinds of issues by manually reflowing solder, they tend to always come back after a bit of time. Best to get the card swapped out and let the manufacturer fix it properly.

• Timetable2
    Options

https://streamable.com/7qucyg some additional footage as requested by the reps.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99