No audio from AOC monitor

Options
CarlyP
CarlyP
First Comment
edited June 2021 in Peripherals

I have audio through my headphones plugged into my PC, under Realtek audio, but for my monitor audio it doesn't come out. I have checked the audio drive, updated stuff, but apparently audio through display port isn't coming out. I tried through HDMI as well, but I still can't get it to come out. I have troubleshooted this issue through windows, through AOC, and I had just purchased the monitor and PC today from Micro Center. I was thinking maybe I didn't have audio through my monitor, but I do, it just won't come out. I just don't want to have to have audio strictly through my headphones alone. Any help would be fantastic. I have spent over 3 hours trying to figure this out. I'm running out of troubleshooting ideas.

Comments

• TSKyleH
    Options

Hello @CarlyP, I understand you are having issues with the audio on the monitor. Can you tell us what monitor you are using specifically? some monitors only provide an audio output that would allow you to connect speakers or headphones to, while others will have built in speakers. If the monitor does have built in speakers, then I would recommend checking the default playback device and ensuring the monitor is selected instead of the realtek option as this would then mean the audio is going to the monitor.

• CarlyP
    Options

Its model m24g1c, I think. It may have audio output, but it may not...its weird because in the output devices it has an option for an output device but I don't have speakers to input to the monitor.

• TSKyleH
    Options

Thank you for the model number, I found the AOC M24G1C and it does show a 3.5 mm output, this allows the computer to route the sound through the monitor to either your headphones or to speakers that are plugged into this output. The specs, however, do not show a built in speaker so unless you use the audio output, your headphones or speakers would need to be connected directly to the computer. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• CarlyP
    Options

Oh, no, you were super helpful. Thank you. I was being dumb and saw that on the specs but...I don't know. It's cool.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99