Windows 7/HP Printer Issues

Options

I have Windows 7 and an HP Deskjet F380. Both my computer and printer are in fine working condition; however they have stopped communicating with each other. I assume it has something to do with Microsoft no longer supporting Windows 7. My "HP Solution Center" has gone away. Do I need to upgrade to Windows 10, and if so, what's the best route?

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @Brian_in_Dogtown and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. It seems the printer was working previously. You could try a few things to get it to work with the computer under windows 7. We do recommend to upgrade to windows 10 when you are ready as Windows 7 is obsolete.

But try to get this to work on Windows 7 then once working, do the upgrade.

1st, try to remove the power cord from the HP Deskjet in the back and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds. Do not turn off printer before unplugging the power cord.

After 30 seconds, plug the power cord back in, wait till the printer is ready, then try to print something from the computer.

If it does not print and still gives a communication error, then its time to reinstall the printer.

Use the link below, download and install the deskjet software under "HP Deskjet F300 All in One Driver.....". It will be under Driver-Product Installation Software.

Just follow the installation wizard.

Let us know the results.

Link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-f300-all-in-one-printer-series/1129389/model/1129390

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99