Is there any way to reserve online for in-store-pickup only items? Safety concerns.

Options

I've been waiting months to finally pick up an rtx 3080, and it happens to be available at the Chicago IL store (EVGA 3080). However, I do understand the reason why no reservations are allowed, but this proves to be a problem for me for 2 reasons.

1) As someone that's willing to drive an hour to pick it up, I'm afraid that it may be gone by the time I get there.

2) I live with a few very high risk (covid) family members living in the house with me, and thus not as willing to take the risk to potentially buy a card that I can't have let alone walk in the store (been taking care of grandparents).

As a result, these cards at the current state of Microcenter will be unattainable for me. Is there any solution for this?

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @jeongjw and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. You probably are aware these cards are a hot commodity and are in very high demand, all while there is a shortage on GPUs across the industry. Every retailer including online shops are having a hard time stocking 3080 and other GPU cards.

Because of this and the limited number of cards that are being distributed to retailers, due to the limited amount of GPU units we receive the cards are unavailable for reservation.

We do apologize for that, but we can only work with what we are given from the GPU manufacturers, sellers and distributors.

As we very much want to meet Customer's demands, it's a struggle for every retailer to do that with GPUs.

We would suggest if you have a relative, a friend, etc., that may not be in a Covid high-risk environment, that may live near the Chicago store to come down to the store to purchase a 3080 for you. If they are willing and able to.

Reimbursements or whichever process can be worked out between you and the other person. With you being in a Covid high-risk environment, we understand your very valid concern. The person could drop the card off in the mailbox so that there is no direct interaction.

We've shared this process with other customers, especially those who live hours away from the store. Some have been able to get a card.

The only other option would be to pay the premium for the 3080 online from Amazon or newegg.com or 3080 selling websites. They're selling the card for $200-$300 more than local retailers. The demand for these cards continue to grow, so at some point they'll be $500 more.

This may not be what you wanted to hear, and we're sorry for that; but again we can only work with what we got.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99