Its my first PC!!! but... I need help

Options
innub
innub
Name Dropper First Comment
edited March 2021 in Help Choosing Parts

I'm quite new to all of this stuff. I have watched hours of videos on how to choose the right parts, but they don't give enough info. I have a budget of less then $1000. This pc will be used for gaming and school. I don't play too many games. I mainly need help picking parts and making sure not to spend to much money on them. Thanks!

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @innub and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. What games are you planning to play?

Below is a link that may get you slightly over $1,000 budget, which includes windows 10 for $120. You'll need an operating system for the gaming pc.

Go with the Ryzen 5 3600 and the B450 or x570 motherboard. If you go with the b450, you want to make sure the board packaging says "3rd Gen Ready", if not may have to update bios. At that point may be best just to go with the x570 motherboard. The RX5700 is a good graphic card. I'd probably recommend to go with a 600w PSU.

These parts in this link may get you a little over $1,000, somewhere between $1000-$1020/30 or less.

Does this help?

https://pcgamehaven.com/best-900-dollar-gaming-pc-build/

• innub
    innub
    edited March 2021
    Options

yes thank you soooo much! I'm fine with it going a little over but not too much. the main game I play is cod and sometimes Minecraft. thanks! (edit) can you tell me the parts that are an absolute must for building a pc like a gpu and a cpu. not the ones that are optional?

• TSTDavey
    Options

@innub sure, you must focus on your CPU, Graphic Card and go with at least 12 gig or 16 gigs of ram (memory).

So the Ryzen 5 3600, just go with that cpu. Make sure it has the wraith cooler. Graphic card wise, look at either the RX 5700 or the RTX 2060 or 2070. Just choose between those 3 (RX 5700, RTX 2060, RTX 2070). All 3 are good cards, you can make chose on how they look if you want. I'm a Nvidia guy, so I'd go with the RTX 2070,

Go with the x570 motherboard.

That's it really and get the rest of the parts listed in the link like the power supply, SSD (solid state drive), and windows OS.

• innub
    innub
    edited March 2021
    Options

ok thank you sooo much for the help i really appreciate it!

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

You're welcome, please let us know if you have any other questions.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99