New PC issues.

UnityProgrammer
edited March 2021 in General Discussion

Bought a new custom built PC here are the specs....

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

Motherboard: ASROCK B550M/AC

GPU: RTX 3060

SSD: 1TB SSD

RAM: 16GB Ram

However, I've noticed quite a few issues. Almost from day one, I noticed a problem where eventually Windows 10 would just freeze up. You would just be idle, maybe browsing or something and Windows 10 would become unresponsive. The only way to fix it is to restart the PC.

Second issue is the WiFi built into the motherboard just doesn't seem to work that great. I'm lucky to get 15mbps. Also, the built in WiFi is constantly disconnecting.

Third issue is typing seems to be kind of slow. I'm using a Razer keyboard by the way. Also one time I just noticed severe keyboard latency when playing a game.

Also, the built in bluetooth seems to randomly disconnect when I connect my Xbox One Wireless Controller.

So is there any way to fix these issues?

Comments

• Hello @UnityProgrammer and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. With the Asrock b550m, we're assuming you have the wifi antennas fastened to the wifi ports in the back, correct?

Are you connected to a 2.5ghz band or 5ghz band? You can also look at your wifi options to make sure the wireless mode is at 802.1n and not ac (see steps below).

Steps:

Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections and then opened properties for my wifi connection. Then I clicked configure, clicked the Advanced Tab went to my 802.11n/ac Wireless Mode and changed it from 802.11ac to 802.11n

After you try this, if its not already done, restart the computer and test your speeds at speedtest.net once it restarts. Let us know the results and what your internet speed should be with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

If the speeds are still low, next would be to update your Asrock board's AMD chipset driver. See link below. You'd just download and install the software like any other software program.

Link:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550Mac/index.asp#Download

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99