How do I access the BIOS on a PowerSpec B745 and change memory profiles?

Also, I added 16GB more RAM to the B745 and that prompted the BIOS set up to pop up upon booting. I noticed that it reported the DRAM clock speed at 2400 hz however the memory is all 3200 hz. How do you change that in the BIOS?

Best Answers

• TS_JosephF
    TS_JosephF admin
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hello @ZaneS

To boot to BIOS you will want to restart the PC and repeatedly press F2 while it is booting up. Of course, with the PC having an SSD it may boot to Windows to quickly.

Here is how you can boot to BIOS from within Windows 10: https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2306/how-to-get-into-bios-from-windows-10

Once you are there you will want to look for OC settings. They could be found under a Memory force or just an OC tab. Since you have an MSI motherboard this should be similar to how your BIOS looks: https://www.msi.com/blog/memory-force Then you just need to select 3200 for the speed then save and exit.

Let us know if you have any issues finding this. Hope this helps!

• TS_JosephF
    TS_JosephF admin
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    Answer ✓

@ZaneS

Glad I could help! And yes, after looking at the picture everything looks like it is configured properly. You can always pull up task manager in Windows and verify the RAM is running at 3200 now.

It is a bit strange your BIOS does not recognize the RAM but that should not affect the speed it is running at.

Answers

• ZaneS
    ZaneS ✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper

@TS_JosephF - Thanks so much for the quick response! The link to boot to BIOS from within Win 10 did the trick. I was able to get in there that way. Once in the BIOS, I realized the BIOS was smart enough to now detect the 3200 speed. Other than the "unknowns" that appeared in the display of the memory slots, I guess everything looks right? I grabbed a screen shot. Do you mind taking a peak and seeing if anything looks amiss?

Thanks again for helping me here!

Zane

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99