Making adjustments to airflow intake

Options
Alexi
Alexi ✭✭
First Anniversary
edited June 2021 in Air and Liquid Cooling

Good Afternoon, I am trying to improve my pc. i am noticing that my fans on my pc aren't necessarily keeping my CPU "cold". I currently have a Thermal Take view 21. I purchased this computer through IBP and it only has two fans. It has an intake fan, and a CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 120mm fan as the back exhaust. I am wondering if I took the 1 intake fan and made it the back exhaust, and the liquid cooler as the top exhaust, and added 3 new fans would that help with cooling. Also if I was to get my fans installed through Micro center would you be able to do the moving of the other two fans as I am not comfortable making those changes on my own.

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options

Hello @Alexi

It's possible that there would be some improvements to your cooling, but it would depend on the cooling setup currently. If it's in a push-pull setup, then this would be nearly the same by my estimation.

Typically, I'd recommend cleaning your PC to make sure that it is able to take full advantage of the cooling. We do offer this service and we do offer the service of upgrading different parts of your computer!

No appointment is needed, and you're able to bring your computer into our service department at your earliest convenience!

For more info, please see our service department webpage. https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/service.aspx

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99