Product Exchange Price Difference

Hi, I purchased a motherboard/cpu bundle on March 14 and received the $20 discount. When I went home and installed it, the motherboard turned out to be dead. I went back to the store the next day and exchanged it for another but was charged the $20 price difference. Is there a way I can be refunded? My Reference #'s are 075-P0-6686420 and 075-RE-6687535. Thanks

Comments

• Hello @Harrison6531 and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. The transaction was just today so it has not been ran through our Point of Sale post transaction batch yet. It should run tonight at midnight I believe. We won't be able to do anything on our end here, but you could return to the store today for the adjustment.

Or wait till tomorrow. Was the exchanged and the $20 difference put on a debt or credit card?

• Hi @TSTDavey, thanks for your reply. The $20 difference was put on a debit card. I'd rather try to get this sorted remotely if possible as the Microcenter store is not nearby. I'm happy to wait if necessary. Thanks again.

• @Harrison6531 Sorry for the mix up. With the transaction being done on a debt card, it will have to be re-swiped for the adjustment to be credited back to the debt card account. Its just how our Point of Sale system operates.

If like I can have a Store Manager call you to talk to you on it further, but their going to advise to come back to the store. They can only work with what they have.

Let us know if you'd like to speak with the Store Manager.

• @TSTDavey Not a problem, I'd rather take the $20 hit than have to drive back again. Thank you for your time

• @Harrison6531 Understood. Sorry for the mix up again. If you were to so happen to come back to the store within 30 days from today, 03/15/2021, they could process the $20 adjustment then.

Just an FYI for if you may make it back to the store or somewhere near the store. Just stop by for the adjustment. If you don't have the receipt, just give the customer service desk your Name and address. It would be a quicker adjustment if you had the receipt with you, BTW.

Take care

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99