what does this mean?

Options

a few days ago i got a windows notification telling me to restart, so i clicked on it and it took me to control panel in the security and maintenance section, i clicked on one of the drop down bars and it had an option to view reliability report and i clicked on it, and it showed the times my games have been crashing (that is what this post is about) and i went back there today after a game crashed and it said hardware error so i clicked on that and it showed this:

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:   LiveKernelEvent

Code:   141

Parameter 1:   ffff8d06d8e08010

Parameter 2:   fffff806943feba8

Parameter 3:   0

Parameter 4:   38a8

OS version:   10_0_19042

Service Pack:   0_0

Product:   768_1

OS Version:   10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID:   1033

if it is needed here are my specs and info about my PC

CPU- Ryzen 5 5600X

GPU- gtx 1660 SC ultra until i can get a 3060 ti)

mobo- gigabyte b550 aurous elite v2

memory- 16gb of DDR4 3600 cl16

psu- 650 bq

SDD -inland premium

case-lian li 215 mesh

build at the end of janury OS at the same time

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @_ben_ and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Has your computer crashed games in the past and how long has this been happening? Does your PC crash only when you launch or play games?

Have you tried updating your GPU drivers or tried uninstalling your GPU along with its drivers and reinstalling it from Device Manager, then reinstalling its drivers?

If you have not done these steps, please do so and launch a game to test.

If you have already done the above, then lets try to see if there are any issues with Windows causing the crashes. Make sure your windows is up to date.

Then do a SFC/Scannow till the end. See link below.

After the SFC/scannow has finished, if there are issues or corrupt errors, go back to the link.

Run a DISM command per the link to attempt to fix SFC errors. After its complete, restart computer and then run the SFC/scannow command again.

Follow these steps carefully, if you miss a step, this may not work.

If you run the SFC command a 2nd time to completion, then launch a game to test to see if you no longer get the crashing.

If it still crashes, let us know.

SFC Link:

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how-to-repair-corrupted-windows-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

• _ben_
    _ben_ ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

@TSTDavey i have made sure the gpu drivers are up to date and i did a clean gpu driver install in geforce experience i have also made sure that windows is all up to date. anf i have not uninstalled it in device manager yet as i do not know how

• JS_MC
    Options

Hey @_ben_

Were you able to run an SFC scan on your device? I've linked a guide with info on how to do this below.

Let us know if the above has solved this issue for you!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99