Availability of Ryzen 5900x?

TripleZ
TripleZ
Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion

Hello. I was a little confused by the listings on the website. Is the Ryzen 9 5900x something microcenter (Duluth location) stocks? It's a big drive for me, so I did not want to visit the store and realize this CPU is not in stock. I assume, based on reading the forum, that this item is in high demand / scalpers are involved.

Comments

• Hello @TripleZ and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Unfortunately the Duluth or the Marietta store is out of stock for the 5000 series AMD Ryzen chip. The Ryzen 9 3900x is in stock.

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited March 2021

Hey @TripleZ

Yes, the 5900X is something that we stock, currently due to the silicon shortage we are getting infrequent shipments we're out of stock. Also, and as you mentioned the demand is extremely high. So, while we are still getting shipments, we are selling out extremely quickly. I'd have to recommend waiting until supply evens out and we're able to see stock stabilize.

Right now, I wouldn't recommend making a long trip. We're still seeing customers line up outside our store waiting to see what may have been delivered on the latest shipment.

The good news is that we've seen the 5600X and 5800X start to stabilize, so hopefully, we'll soon see the same for the 5900X and 5950X.

• Thanks both @TSTDavey and @LandShark for the information. Here's to hopefully seeing the crazy times we're in settle down sooner rather than later. Take care.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99