Hey, my name is Matt and I just shopped there for the first time

Options

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you all that I had a fun time buzzing through the narrow isles of the store. I walked out with the exact items I sought to buy that day, a motherboard, a processor, and two case fans. Everything (besides the GPU of course) I purchased online. I'm still waiting for the ram to arrive, otherwise I'm almost ready for my build.

I did realize while I was there that the community is pretty unique. Both the customers and the employees around Micro Center gave off a vibe like it was a whole new culture, and a pretty inviting one. Weird, to be sure, but inviting.

One thing that confused me quite a bit was the registration at checkout. I was told that they used my email address to sign me up on the website. But when I went online today to ask a specific question, I couldn't find my account. So I made a brand new one using the exact same email address. Very odd.

Oh, the question I was going to ask pertains to getting on a waiting list for a GPU. My phone glitched out when I tried to get on that site, but once I got home I couldn't find any information about it. Perhaps that is something that is unique to my local store.

Anyway, hi!

Comments

• TSTDavey
    TSTDavey admin
    First Anniversary Micro Center Staff First Comment 5 Likes
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hello @MatthewDZak and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. What store did you shop at today? Glad you had a good experience with us.

That fine if you already created your own online account. It takes a few days for the store to create it. It shouldn't conflict with your new account since the email has already been used to create an account.

What information was shared with you regarding a gpu waitlist? There is a voucher system, but no gpu waitlist.

• MatthewDZak
    Options

Thanks for the response!

I visited the Saint Louis Park store on Friday I believe. I bought the ryzen 3600 cpu and Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus (wi-fi) motherboard (and a couple of case fans). Just a couple days earlier I had seen that the CPU was $175 rather than $199 which is why I drove to the store in the first place. But by the time I could get a ride there, that price had changed to $199. The good news, though, was that the motherboard, when paired with the CPU, would be $20 off. So rather than pay the $179.99 price online, I would be paying $159.99. But when I got home I saw that the motherboard had actually been on sale for $169.99. So I was wondering if I was supposed to get $20 off the $169.99 price, or if two promotional deals do not mix.

I'm not sure what a voucher system is. I was told about a waitlist -- they used the word "waitlist" to describe a way to sign up for a GPU on some super special link that you can only get in person (unless you take a picture of it or know someone who has it saved). I attempted to enter the link manually (while standing outside the store looking at a sign) because my phone doesn't do those weird code-scanner things. But when I finally entered the link address and pressed enter on my phone, my entire browser just shut down. So neither the code, nor the link worked on my phone. So even if I borrowed a car, drove the 20 minutes to the store, and tried to get on a waiting list I would be unable to with that method. I was really hoping there was some way to just SIGN UP for a wait list. :)

Thanks.

• TSTDavey
    Options

@MatthewDZak let us look at your order. There 2 different B550 plus motherboards, one for $179 and the other for $169. Can you give us your reference number from the top of your Microcenter receipt? We can answer your questions regarding the promo deal.

• MatthewDZak
    edited March 2021
    Options

I think it's 045-P0-8611630

or it could be 045-PO-8611630

I'm not sure if that is a number or a letter next to the P.

Both the box and receipt says it is an Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus (wi-fi)

• TSTDavey
    Options

@MatthewDZak you can put it here. No one else has access to the receipt except you and Microcenter.

• MatthewDZak
    edited March 2021
    Options

I'm not sure how my comment leap frogged yours, but there it is. :P

Oh, I see... I must have seen the pricing for the non-wifi board. That clears it up.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99