Is everything compatible? How will my gaming pc run with these parts? I need advice!

Hi guys. I am new to building a gaming PC from scratch, but I am not new to gaming. I've done some research and this is the build that I have come up with. Please give me pros and cons, and let me know what changes I can make (what parts are necessary that I am missing, or what parts don't need to be there, or as fancy). I really appreciate the feedback!

CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Matisse 3.6GHz 8-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Prism Cooler

Motherboard- Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard (do you think this will fit in the case with everything attached to it?)

RAM- G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3200C16D-32GTZR - Black

Case- Fractal Design - Meshify C Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

Power Supply- NZXT Build the Extraordinary

Gamdias RGB 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Non-Modular Power Supply

Video Card- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 3X Overclocked Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card (Most important feature for me right here)

2.5" SSD- Inland Premium 1TB 3D QLC NAND SATA 3.0 6GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD (Does this replace the hard drive? Is a traditional hard drive better?)

Heatsink- Thermaltake UX100 ARGB Universal CPU Cooler (My CPU comes with a fan already... is this one needed?)

Operating System- Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64-Bit - USB

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs

Greetings. What is your intended overall budget?

• @Allisonbbrowning just chiming in. Share your budget as we can give more insight surrounding $$ on your build. But other than that, the build looks good.

If you stay with the B450 make sure the box packaging says "3rd gen ready" otherwise go with the B550 or the X570 motherboards. Sometimes the B450 isn't 3700 ready and you have to update the bios.

Also yes you are correct, your CPU comes with the Wraith fan cooler, so you do not need another CPU fan or heat sink.

• I'd love to stay under $1500, then spend extra money on keyboard/mouse/monitors etc.

• To answer @Allisonbbrowning ,your question about the parts listed,

1. CPU Solid performer for the foreseeable future,
    2. Motherboard, B450 is a great platform for this chipset, and the XMP profile will work with your selected Ram, as you will need to enable it, to achieve the full 3200 speed from the ram.
    3. Nice ram, 32GB is a heavy amount of ram just for gaming, but if you are using this machine for video editing as well, than 32GB is the way to go, but if just for gaming, drop it down to 16GB (2x8GB) to save you some money. This will also allow you to stream and play on 1 pc. Twitch / YouNow / YouTube Gaming . 16GB (2x8GB) for 115.00 save you another $79.00 dollars. Good thing is this motherboard has 4 slots for memory, so buy 16GB now, and update to another 16GB when the prices drop in the future.
    4. Fractal Design Meshify C, will fit your selected motherboard. and the video card you have selected, M-ATX and 315MM for video card length. Your selected card is 290mm long
    5. 750W power is great, as you are configured you will draw between 375w to 450w at idle, and loaded you should not exceed 570w total. This is without overclocking the motherboard. (you want to keep 10% to 15% of extra power on hand above your expected power draw, to insure that the system runs stable. This power supply will do that for you.
    6. Great Card, with your configurations, 80+ FPS in Most 3-A games @ 2k (1440P) Some 4K games will dip to the low 50's FPS, and 1080P gaming will be no issue for this configuration, expect 110+ FPS. Should be NO bottlenecking in most game playback.
    7. Inland Pro M.2 1TB SSD, solid drive for booting, and gaming play. I would like to suggest you install a 1 or 2 TB Standard drive HDD, as storage space, for other games, so you need not uninstall for more room. Also, when installing this onto the motherboard, know that you will lose the use of 2 of the SATA Ports, depending on the slot you install to. This is mentioned in the motherboard manual. (money saved from not buying unneeded cooler.)
    8. You will not need the other cooler, as the 3700X comes with one. Now, if you intend to overclock the CPU; than, YES, get the replacement cooler. Otherwise, do not waste the cash..

As for Windows 10 Home 64 Bit. All you are really needing is the cheapest Authenticated Key you can get. So. Purchase the DVD, and just download the OS from Microsoft onto a USB Drive. Microsoft makes this tool available for Free on their website. Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com) (incase the short cut is blocked. "https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10" Select the "Download Tool Now" button, and have a 8 to 32 GB Flash Drive available. This will created a copy of the most current build of Windows 10, thus reducing the update time, after installation. Also, will increase support for the processor, chipset, and video card, during the installation of Windows 10.

Your budget, Well, as configured with what you listed above, you are showing $1557.92 without Tax so you will be looking at $1670.00+ out the door. Hopefully with the suggestion made, you can meet your budget.

• Thank you so much @EMi_Comps!! I really appreciate that you went into detail, I will definitely take a second look at what I have and see where I truly want to make changes, and what I want to keep. You are awesome!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99