I was quoted $100 to install an NVME drive.

Options
Picorosan
Picorosan
First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion

I just recently bought a Asus Strix Scar 17 laptop and a Samsung 2Tb NVME drive for it as a second drive. I don't need cloning services.

I did not want to install it myself because there are 2 flimsy LED cables attached to the cover and I did not want to void the warranty.

I looked on the Microcenter website and it stated that installing a hard drive would cost $79.99.

The when I physically went to the store, the representative told me that SSD's cost $100 to install?

Why does it cost more? It is less labor because its 1 screw as appose to a standard Hard Drive which requires 4 screws. As stated before I don't need cloning services. I just want someone to physically install it in my laptop. I can do the rest.

Can someone please tell me the reason and logic Microcenter is using for the cost difference?

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @Picorosan and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. For a regular HDD or Sata HDD, its $79.99 to install. For SSD or NVME's, its $99.99 for installation. The reason the cost is higher is because its an NVME installation and not a regular HDD.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99