Microcenter employees buy up cards and resell them

realJZ
realJZ
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Graphics Cards

My comment was already deleted once so I am creating new POST. -Removed by staff-

Comments

• I will contact Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection next if management does not do anything about it.

• Ian
    Ian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes

Hello, we did not remove any posts by you - it appears it was flagged / reported by your account which you may have done by mistake.

We will have our management check into your request.

• Perhaps, thanks for clarification.

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers 100 Likes

@realJZ I took some time to look into this and there are a few things to note. First and foremost, the community member you are alleging to be an employee has never been an employee of Micro Center. I cannot speak of any affiliations they may have with any members of Micro Center as I am not located in their local area, however I've also verified that their purchase history does not line up with the allegations made in this thread.

I also want to make it clear that while we take your claims seriously, we cannot allow community members to accuse one another and potentially create a hostile environment for each other. That's not why we are here, and we have to have each others backs on this. I've edited your post to remove the information that referenced the community member in question. If you would like to edit your post to withhold their information, that would be acceptable as I am not trying to censor your overall message. Again, we are taking this seriously.

If you believe a member of the community or an employee of Micro Center is doing something they should not be doing, reach out to a member of our staff here. All of us are located in our corporate office and have the best chance at seeking a remedy on your behalf.

Lastly, I want to say something on a more personal level. I get that people are frustrated by this GPU situation, I can guarantee you that all of us feel the same way. I've been looking forward to an upgrade since these cards were announced and I've yet to get my hands on one with my work schedule, but like the rest of you, we stick it out until that day eventually comes. We know there are improvements that can be made to make this process easier for everyone, that discussion is ongoing and happens on a daily basis. Until the issue is addressed, we need to keep our eyes on the prize and help each other out on this. Your willingness to bring potential misconduct to light is proof that you care about this community as do the rest of us, and I want to continue keeping that attitude at the forefront as we continue these types of discussions. Take care.

• Xjx
    Xjx
    First Comment
    edited October 2022
    This will probably go no where, but I'm sure this is part of the problem why regular customers can't get their hands on graphic cards on release. Here we have someone who apparently states they work for microcenter and got cards "through" friends and he is selling it for 4200 on Ebay. Let me guess? this person doesn't work for microcenter, or is okay because he got it "through" friends whatever that means. 
  • magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Answers 25 Up Votes

Genius took a picture of it in the store, should be easy enough for someone to recognize that location.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 100 Answers 250 Likes

@Xjx

Do you have a direct link to the Ebay listing you can share with us?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 100 Answers 250 Likes

@Xjx

This was investigated by our staff. From the picture, we were able to determine when and where the picture was taken. There was no evidence any Micro Center employees were involved.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99