Looking for component and build advice

Options

Hello everyone. I am looking to replace a machine I built in 2012 that the mb died. It is time.

I am not a gamer but more of streamer/productivity user. Lots of browsing with many tabs, minor video and remote conference use. I want a system to be serviceable 5 - 7 years later (last machine did that). The only kicker is I may be running some virtual machines on the box. I have always been a Asus board person and haven't used other manufacturers and BIOSs. Finally, with all the graphic card craziness, I am planning to use on-board graphics...

Here is what I came up with ... it is more system than I need (don't such a higher-end board but would like the 2.5G network in case I can get that in the next couple years, WifI 6, BT 5.2...)

Intel - Core i7-11700K Rocket Lake 3.6GHz Eight-Core LGA 1200 Boxed Processor

(I think I want the Xe graphics and I wear Blue...)

ASUS - Z590-PLUS TUF Gaming WiFi Intel LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard

Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit CMW32GX4M2E3200C16 - Black

(I know I don't need the bling but I can turn it off when company comes..)

Samsung - 980 Pro SSD 1TB (MZ-V8P1T0B) - M.2 NVMe Interface PCIe Gen 4x4 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND 3 bit MLC Technology, 2280

Fractal Design - Meshify S2 Tinted Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

NZXT - C750 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply

(overkill but you can't have too much power... I mean I may get graphic card some day...)

Could use some opinions on this build and recommendations for fans, etc, particularly the I can control for QUIET use. I only have the use of one hand, so I going to have MicroCenter build it.

Thanks!

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=f99f50bc-1949-46b7-ac7c-7b5a48ab61a8

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99