Big screwups on open box items

Hey,

I just picked up a huge order today from the Patterson store. I started taking everything apart when I got home and found that both of the open box items I purchased were incorrect...

The ram I ordered was 2x 8GB GSkill TridentZ Neo 3600 RGB for $99.96

Instead I got 2x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 3200 which is $88.99 new and I can get them for less than $60 on ebay used.

The motherboard I ordered was one of 2 open box ones that were available.

ASUS B550M-A PRIME AC PS AMD AM4 microATX Motherboard for that was supposed to be complete $95.96

I got the other one that is still in stock in that listing that is $83.96 that is missing the IO shield, which is sort of important...

I am beyond furious. Not only did I get the wrong items, but I got a downgrade on both that I now overpaid on and now need to wait on building something that I was absolutely ecstatic for... I normally don't care about minor mistakes. If the ram were the same speeds I probably would have shrugged it off, but they are completely different in all aspects but DDR standard. The motherboard also I was going to probably get open box since it meets my needs, but I was expecting to have the shield in there which is why I payed for the more expensive one.

I specifically went to you guys because I thought that something like this wouldn't happen... guess I was wrong. Now is there any way I can send the items back and get the correct ones shipped to me? I live over an hour away and don't feel like taking that trip again for the exchange on an item that was messed up on the order...

Thanks,

Aaron

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99