Corsair QL 120 fans on iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX

Options
dabj1979
dabj1979
First Comment
edited June 2021 in Air and Liquid Cooling

I'm considering for aesthetic reasons replacing all the fans in my rig with QL 120s but im unsure if I can use the existing hub from the cooler as well as if the fans will be a big performance hit from the included fans for the cooler. There will be a total of 6 fans.

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings. I believe their hubs are typically compatible with all of their fans, but to be certain I would reach out to Corsair support to verify there are no incompatibilities: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/contact

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

You're welcome, please let us know if you have any other questions.

• TSPhillipT
    Options

Hello @dabj1979

Chiming in as Micro Center's biggest Corsair Fan.

You can use the included Commander CORE that came with your Cappelix for your QL120s. The main thing is that the QL120s are slightly worst than the ML120s that come with it in terms of performance however most people would not notice the difference. They are also a bit louder when ramped up. I personally am using LL120s for my current build but I have done a build with QL120s and they were fine.

If you looking to min-max, stick to the included ML120s, but I think it's worth trading off the small bit of performance difference for the aesthetics

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99