Tell us you're a Micro Center fan....

Options
MicroCenterOfficial
edited June 2021 in General Discussion

Without telling us you're a Micro Center fan.

What can you say that immediately lets everyone around you know that you live inside a Micro Center?

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

I came for one item and left with 20.

• Frodoson
    Options

They have what I need at reasonable prices pretty much every time. It's a go-to for me.

• Ajmartin2006
    Options
    I get my family members to order items for pickup so that I have a reason to go buy more things for myself. 
  • LordGiggity
    Options
    Going to the computer department store!
  • DeaconFrost
    Options
    I go for no reason, with no list or specific need. I'll come up with the need while I'm wandering the aisles.
  • JesterFax
    Options

The associates know my name.

• Lycan
    Options
    I went in for a thermal paste tube went oit without it.... but witb a 1085$ in cart 😅
  • Lnxpro
    Options
    How about having nvidia rtx 3000 cards in stock or at least offer the ability to reserve them like a waiting list. Limit one per household verifiable by address and name. Or are your employees hoarding half of them when they come in and selling them on FB marketplace at double the price?
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

A bit off topic, but I understand where you are coming from.

Having the RTX 3000 series in-stock is a bit out of our control as there is a worldwide shortage across the entire industry at the moment. We've been dealing with a silica shortage since 2019 that just now caught up to us and it happened to strike in the middle of a pandemic that forced more and more people to work from home. This resulted in cloud computing services and various network providers to have to upgrade their infrastructure and that ate up a lot of the fab production space that would have normally been used for gaming GPU's in order to provide those services. Couple that with the rise in demand from more and more customers entering the gaming market while having more free time at home and you have a recipe for a massive shortage. I've gone into greater detail on my thoughts on this in the post below:

As for a waiting list/means to reserve these cards, this is feedback that hasn't gone unheard, I am certain it has been passed along several times over, however I have no details as to the implementation of it. Right now, the voucher system is currently in-place to help customers secure cards on-site. If this changes, details will be posted somewhere on this forum. This doesn't mean you should stop providing feedback either, there is always value in voicing ones concerns in an effort to bring about improvement.

As for limiting one per household verified by address & name, this is already being done.

Lastly, it's not possible for our employees to hoard these cards and sell them themselves. First and foremost, our sale system physically will not allow the sale of ANY GPU to a customer that has purchased one within the last 30 days. This means if I were to buy say, an RTX 3080, I wouldn't be able to go back to the store and buy an RTX 3070 or Radeon RX 6800 within a 30 day period, despite them being different GPU's. This applies to everyone, employees included, and believe me when I tell you we are under far more scrutiny when it comes to the purchase of limited hardware. When these cards first launched, we had to wait a minimum of 60 days before we were even eligible to begin purchasing them and with every new SKU release, this limitation is imposed again to give our customers the opportunity to get their hands on these cards. We are tech enthusiasts & gamers too, we want to upgrade our systems just as badly, but we would gladly take the backseat on this and wait it out if it means you guys get the opportunity to upgrade your systems.

As for the topic itself, when I walk into the BYO section, they immediately reach for extra tubes of Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and walk towards the water cooling fittings.

• Cjay
    Options
    Price mainly, knowledgeable sales people, and environment.  I absolutely love the, oh you need a cpu, here’s a wall of them, have you thought about cooling we have a section of water cooled and a section for non water.
    You’re my favorite store.
  • DreadPirateRoberts
    Options

Hmm. Two ways.

1. The image you used above is the laptop and desktop area for the Bethel rd. store.
    2. All the guys in the BYO department know who I am. We stan BYO guys
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99