Pc shutdown

Options
First time on any message board but I'm in need of guidance. I wanted to up my gaming experience after playing console since late 90s I decided to purchase a pre built through you guys. One of the biggest problems I'm having is after the new COD update in April. My pc will shut down before loading into the start-up menu. I was able to experience game play a week after purchase but now this. I have tried updating drivers, bios,  windows 10, Uninstall and reinstall the game. Check and repair game through battlenet app.Change game settings, modify game settings, restore original game settings. After three weeks of YouTube search, ssd was shot. Returned the pc to replace the ssd and after updating through you guys. I'm back to the issue again. At this point I feel I'm doing something wrong. So with much needed help here is my set up.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
1 TB premium NVME SSD
16GB 8x2D4 3200CL 16
Windows10 64bit
RTX 3080 X Trio 10G
NZXT C850
CoolMaster 212 CPU
ASUS ROG B550-F

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Hello! Please try a clean install of your video card drivers, here is a step by step guide on how to do this: https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/133-how-to-clean-install-video-card-drivers-in-windows-10 

• SpeedGlas
    SpeedGlas
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hey lan. 
    After Uninstalling and reinstalling for a clean install. I'm still not able to play COD. After the reinstall, I scanned  warzone for repair before starting up the game, no issues. Made sure there was no background apps running. The fire wall and virus protection was off. As soon as I hit start button for the game. The Computer will completely shutdown and reboot. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to schedule a time to go to micro center to get the pc looked at again?
  • TS_EmileC
    Options

Hello @SpeedGlas. Since you have had the update on Warzone, are you able to revert to the older version prior to this issue you've been having? Do you get this issue only on Warzone or other games as well?

• SpeedGlas
    Options
    Hey @TS_EmileC. No,  I only have this issue with warzone. I believe I'm not able to revert to a older version. I checked through properties, previous versions and there are no versions available. I checked both the COD and blizzard desk top app. Prior to the issue the SSD card was found to be faulty and the pc was wiped clean. 
  • SpeedGlas
    Options
    Hey lan
    Yes I have. A number of times and each time I don't receive a error message. I tried going through COD desk top app and deleting everything except the data. After reloading the game, I'll run a repair. The game will get closer to loading but then the pc will restart. Have noticed each time I do that process, blizzard desk top app will treat me as if its a new download. Do a preview to what is new to their update
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Do any other games /programs that you try have this issue or a similar issue?

• SpeedGlas
    Options
    No, COD is the only game that is haveing this issue. At this point I feel I'm doing something wrong or destined not to play the game anymore. 
  • TSPhillipT
    Options

Hello @SpeedGlas

Could you try uninstalling both CoD and Battle.net or which ever client you are using to install and play CoD? After you do both, double check your folders to make sure all the data for CoD is gone, we want it missing for when you reinstall your client and then redownload CoD.

• SpeedGlas
    Options

Hey @TSPhillipT

I uninstalled and completely wiped all folders with blizzard and CoD data. After the new reinstall I am still having the same problem. Blizzard desktop app will open, I'll check for updates, run repair, I'll receive a notification that the game is now ready to play. Will load half way and completely shut down and restart the pc.

• TSPhillipT
    Options

Hello @SpeedGlas

Do you have purchases of older but recent Call of Duty games, ideally through Blizzard's Battle.Net? I am trying to figure out where this issue lies and if this is just a game engine issue with Call of Duty or an issue with the launcher that manages the files for that game.

• SpeedGlas
    SpeedGlas
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2021
    Options
    No, CoD is the only game purchased through blizzard. I was running console for years. Wanted to up my gaming, so I purchased pc in the beginning of May. Downloaded CoD through battle.net and was able to play for a week (warzone and multi-player). Then the update in May wouldn't let me log into multi-player, warzone would let me login but boot me out shortly after. Then blizzard would send me a error message. I ran the the process to fix every issue but after each fix the game would kick me back further in the loading screen. Finally ssd wouldn't register, with the pc. I got it replaced end of May and  completely wiped the pc, re-download battle.net and warzone. The issue stayed, I go to click play. The screen will load, pc will shut off and restart.
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@SpeedGlas

Lets try this. Press "Windows + R" and type: sysdm.cpl

Go to the Advanced Tab - Startup and Recovery - Settings - Uncheck Automatically Restart.

Play the game again. Lets see what happens, if it still reboots or if it just freezes. This will tell us more about what's going on.

• SpeedGlas
    Options
    Hey @TSMikeW
    The pc powered down and rebooted it self
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@SpeedGlas

Tells you it isn't a crash. The fact that it reboots rather than staying off, tells you it's not your CPU temp. This sounds like a power issue, an intermittent power loss. I would work backwards from the wall. Test another outlet in the house. Replace the power cable. Replace the PSU. If the issue persists, the last step is PWM on the motherboard.

• SpeedGlas
    Options
    @TSMikeW
    I tested two other outlets in the house. Swapped out the power cable on both. Unfortunately it had the same result. Pc would shut down and restart. How do I need to check PSU and or PWM if they need to be replaced?
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@SpeedGlas

I would swap in another power supply to test with. The board would be the same unfortunately. It's time to swap those components out as they're the most likely. It's possible another component is causing an electrical issue that results in the restart, but you'd expect that to trigger a shutdown instead. These two components are your most likely suspects.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99