Which Case Has USB-C That Supports Internal CD Reader/Writer ?

Options

Searching for a case that has a built-in USB-C port on the front-panel AND that will support my internal optical disc drive : Pioneer BDR-2212 Serial ATA Internal Bluray Writer.

My first preference (1) is a mini-tower case.

Second preference (2) is mid-tower case.

Third preference (3) is Full tower.

This build will contain : ASRock motherboard B450M Pro4

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

32GB RAM : Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3200 UDIMM

AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 graphics card

AX200 WiFi 6 PCI-e expansion card

Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2

Samsung 870 QVO 1TB 2.5 SATA

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options

Hello @rlrimotep

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!

This is a pretty weird request and checking the cases we have I found none that we carry.

I went over to Newegg and Newegg listed 4 different cases, however two of them had incorrect specs regarding the 5.25'' bay. The other two do have the two requirements you want.

The first one is the SilverStone Sugo Series SG12 SST-SG12B-V2

Micro ATX Case that fits a ATX PSU, looks to be modular and fits the 5.25'' bay and has that USB-C Port.

The other is the Cooler Master Cosmos C700M.

This case is an E-ATX case so it is very big. It looked like it was an incorrect spec as I couldn't figure out how you would install a 5.25'' drive on this, but it turns out the front panel is on a hinge that let's you open it to access the drive.

I hope I was helpful in finding cases, the best one for you based off your requirements looks to be the SilverStone one.

• JohnMagee
    JohnMagee Store Associate
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper Micro Center Store Associate
    Options

I was looking at your board, and it does not have the option to support a case with USB c.

However, the best performing case in my opinion that we carry is the CoolerMaster N200. The best that fits those needs in general opinion is the Fractal Design Focus G.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99