KVM Switch Recommendations for Dual Monitors?

Options
dmalosh
dmalosh
Photogenic
edited June 2021 in Prebuilt PCs and Laptops

Hi,

Does anyone have a good KVM switch recommendation? I find it stunning how poor the options are, especially with so many folks working from home.

I'm hoping for dual monitor support between a desktop and a laptop; both are Dells. I'd like 4K support; 60Hz, not 30Hz. (Admittedly I'm fairly naive on the value of the refresh rate but I believe 60Hz is important for the well being of your eyes so I'm bewildered as to why I find 30Hz units.)

My work laptop has HDMI and DisplayPort, but my desktop PC only has HDMI and DVI. My main monitor has HDMI and DisplayPort but my secondary only has DVI and VGA.

I could upgrade my secondary monitor but I don't want to update my desktop PC yet. ...Then again, maybe I could find an affordable video card with both ports...

Since my desktop PC doesn't have DisplayPort, I presume I'm not a candidate for the TESmart KVM switch with its ridiculous redundancies.

I have wasted so many hours circling back on the same models. Any chance someone out there has found some obscure model that works for them? I would be so grateful to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

-Dan

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings. Which Micro Center store would you be nearest to so we can see what they may have available?

• Chenyao_Xue
    Chenyao_Xue Store Associate
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Micro Center Store Associate
    Options

I would say stick with HDMI KVM switches since you don's have any DisplayPort on your desktop, and you can easily convert HDMI to VGA or DVI with inexpensive choices. Microcenter does not carry much options for dual monitor HDMI KVM switches, so an off brand one from online might be your best option.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99