G436

Options
Jimi66
Jimi66
First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion

I reserved an open box discontinued g436. I thought it was a great deal as the G437 is 800 more! (albeit different chip)

I am now reading about issues with it here on the forum. What are your thought on it now? Have the issues been resolved? (ex. cooler, ram)

Thank you

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings. I am sorry, our Community staff is not in the store, to review the condition of an open box item we would recommend visiting your local Micro Center store to work with a store sales associate.

• Jimi66
    Options

Hi Ian,

Thank you for the quick respone!

I was interested in thoughts on the general machine itself not a specific one.

I am interested in finding out if the issues with the machines were resolved.

Thank you

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

Greetings Jimi66, welcome to the forum. I actually work with the PowerSpec engineering team. The coolers that were used in the G436 are still being used in the G437 and now the G438 and I've not heard much more about any issues. I think most of the complaints involving the pump noise might have worked itself out over time after air found its way into/out of the pump block on the AIO.

Keep in mind that one of the biggest pieces of feedback we got on the G436 was our decision to use a System Integration board which does not come with BIOS update support from MSI directly and our BIOS update schedule is not as frequent so future component upgrades should be taken into consideration as the board may not have a BIOS update readily available to support a new processor or feature.

Even so, if you can snag it for a decent price, it's definitely worth it given the GPU market right now. If you felt like upgrading the board to a 500 series board and 11th gen CPU, you'd still be able to do so in that chassis and still have plenty of power overhead with the PSU in that system. If you have questions, just let us know!

• Jimi66
    Options

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for the response.

I read those posts about it crashing all the time.

It seems weird to find this discontinued /open box.

They are not in stock anywhere and only 15 days to return.

This may be the last one ever sold (and returned)!

It is 1425. Do you have any suggestions as to what to look for

in the 15 days I have to return it?

Thanks again.

• JS_MC
    Options

Hey @Jimi66

I'd recommend using it heavily within your 15 day return period. If you notice any issues, we'd be happy to discuss them with you or you may return it to the store! We stand behind our products and support them in every way that we can.

To my knowledge, there are no known issues with this item. I believe that it was discontinued because of the release of a new chip and different part selections made available.

Again, if you have any concerns or issues we'd be happy to help you!

• DMA
    DMA ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

If you can pick up a G436 for $1425 that is a very good deal. Overall I'm very happy with mine although I still would have preferred to build my own but due to my inability to obtain a graphics card it really was the only way to get a RTX3070. The other components of this build I would rate as very good to fair. I average probably 6 hours a day either streaming video or playing games. Mostly MSFS 2020 which is very CPU intensive.

• JS_MC
    Options

@DMA I'd have to agree MSFS is both CPU and GPU intensive! Glad to hear that you're enjoying your G436!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99