New Atari Pi Package does not recognize FightStick

Hey all, I have a new Atari Pi package (the games, a gamepad, 3b, etc.) that works fine with the controller it came with. But I also purchased the Atari Fightstick with the two joysticks and the trackball. When I plug that device in, the Pi won't even recognize there is a device connected. Any ideas on where to start? Should I refresh/recover the OS and plug in the fightstick first, or is there a way to enable/detect it? Most of the forum topics seem to assume the device is seen and you just need to configure it. In my case, the device isn't recognized so there is nothing to configure.

Comments

• Solved. The second of the two USB cables is not tied down to anything, so the process of extending the USB connection outside the case puts torque on the integration board connection. Although appearing seated, by reseating the connection the fightstick is now connecting (PnP as expected). I temporarily taped the cable to the cabinet until I can find a good cable binder I can screw in or nail into the case to hold that connection firm. Seems obvious now but visually all was fine - just walking through and reseating all connections proved to be the answer.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs

Sorry we did not get to your first post, I am glad to hear you were able to find a solution!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99