BSOD Memory related

Options
Computer:
Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor (8x 3.60GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
32 GB [8 GB x4] DDR4-3200 Memory Module 
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
ASRock Z390 STEEL LEGEND 700 Watt - HIGH POWER - 80 PLUS Gold
240 GB WD Green SSD 
2 TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive

I've been getting BSOD for a few months now but it comes and goes whenever it wants. I took it into a "certified" PC repair shop and after a week they said no issues were found and no BSOD occured. I picked up the PC and after another week the BSOD returned. I did a Windows Memory Diagnostic on my own and after the test all I got was "Your computer has a memory problem". Now recently my computer has been giving me BSOD more frequently and it has been performing slowly. My mouse settings were randomly changed and some games on my steam start downloading after a BSOD crash. I do not play demanding games but I do play for a couple hours, I sometimes stream on Discord but I don't do anything memory demanding. Most BSOD issues start turning up after a couple hours of use towards the ending of the night. I appreciate any help.

Some of the error codes:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (most common bluescreen)
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (second common bluescreen)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed: dxgkrnl.sys
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed: FLTMGR.SYS
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I believe its a motherboard related issue because the PC repair company said they checked each memory stick and none of them were faulty, all my drivers are updated.

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options

Hello @nestlequick! Welcome to the community!

The two errors that you've included in your post above are referencing a DirectX and a System Service Exemption.

Typically the system Service Exemption error is caused by a driver issue, in this case, because of the DirectX error, I'd recommend performing a reinstallation of your GPU driver.

The best way to cleanly reinstall GPU drivers from scratch would be to use DDU.

Here's a quick guide on how to do this! https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/133-how-to-clean-install-video-card-drivers-in-windows-10

The Memory Diagnostic can report a memory problem with either software or hardware issues, so if this error persists after you've reinstalled your display drivers, we can dive into those errors after the BSOD is addressed!

Let us know if this solves this for you!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99