AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution

Options

AMD just announced FSR or Fidelity Super Resolution.

It looks like it can offer an amazing improvement to GPUs spanning multiple generations and potentially brands.

AMD has shared that it offers up to 2.4x the performance in some cases!

Seeing how this would be implemented and actually seeing this in person while gaming will be key for me to be able to accept this as a new feature that I would want to implement. It does seem highly promising and I can't wait to test this out. Based on the reviews from 3rd parties and details shared from AMD, I would have a hard time passing on what would look extremely similar to the native rendering while giving more performance, or higher FPS.

With the recent news about the AMD Ryzen 5700G and Intel's Xe graphics reportedly being able to take advantage of FSR I can't wait to see how game developers are able to implement this new feature. That being said, it does put a fair amount of responsibility on the developers to enable the new feature, since this is not implemented the same way that NVIDIA's DLSS would be enabled.

What do you think? Do you think features like AMD's FSR or NVIDIA's DLSS 2.0 will have an impact on your gaming experience or do you need to be playing at native resolutions?

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99