HDD Replacement Procedure from Online Buy?

Options

So I intend to replace the HDD on my current gaming laptop since I recently got a message on the start-up of a "Harddrive Imminent Failure." I was recommended Micro Center by a good friend of mine for all computer needs. If I "reserve" the hard drive and installation online, I assume I can just go into the store with my receipt and laptop with a power supply to fulfill the order? If not, will I have to go to the store with my laptop and buy it there? I have never bought anything from Micro Center before, so I am wondering how the usual procedure is for computer repairs/installations. Any info is greatly appreciated!

In terms of what the gaming laptop is, it is an Omen 15 Gaming Laptop. I have looked online and HDD replacement is pretty easy, however, I do not feel comfortable with the reinstallation of the Windows OS. So I've opted for just buying the part with installation from Micro Center. Along with this, the installation I'm buying will copy all files from the old HDD onto the new, hence the other reason I've opted for the installation service.

Answers

• TSPhillipT
    Options

Hello @Lil

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!

That is correct, you can do either options! Reserve ahead of time or just come right in, both options work as long as there is an HDD and a Laptop at our service desk for us to service. If you are also asking for a data cloning or data transfer, then the service might be a drop off service depending on how much data needs to be transferred.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99