Weird Pricing

Options

I was looking around other MC stores online and while looking at the Columbus store, I noticed some really weird pricing. I was looking at 2 refurbished laptops and both were priced at $899. One had a i5-10300H and a GTX 1650 while the other one had a i7-10750H and 1660 Ti. They both had the same size SSD and HDD as well as the same 16 GB DDR4 at 2933mhz. How are these both the same price when one is clearly better than the other? Is the pricing determined by the store or whoever gives the laptop to MC?

Comments

• TS_JosephF
    Options

Hello @Supra

There are a few factors that come into play when pricing an item. It would be determined by our corporate office and store management staff based on our cost of item itself. It is possible to see deals like this when certain models have a great discount. If you are considering purchasing one then you may want to consider reserving it so you can make sure you get it for the current sale price at the time you pick up your order.

If you wanted to know when these sales end, I can help with that. I just need either the link to the laptops or the SKU numbers.

• Supra
    Supra ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

@TS_JosephF

The laptops I was looking at didn't seem to be discounted at any price. Here's the SKU for the 1660 TI laptop "SKU: 248583" and the for the 1650 Laptop "SKU: 277749". They're both pretty much identical except for the size of the laptop, CPU and GPU.

• TS_JosephF
    TS_JosephF admin
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited June 2021
    Options

Yes, I see these are not marked down or on sale. When it comes to refurbished units the price can vary as it depends on the overall condition of the item as well as our cost.

You are welcome to come into the store and ask a sales consultant to open one if you are looking to purchase it.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99