new stores

Options

i live in phoenix, not a computer store around except for best buy, where i buy what i can.....anyone know if micro center have plans to build a store in phoenix...i sure wish they would......

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community! Thank you for providing us a location you think a Micro Center would be great at! I don't really have the pay-grade to make the decision of opening up a location but I can send this to the people that are and see their thoughts and opinions! 

• joeinaz
    Options

The Phoenix area (specifically Maricopa County) added over 86,000 people measured from June 2019 to June 2020. Many came from California. Maricopa County is the 4th most populous county in the US and the most populous county WiTHOUT a Micro Center store. I hope this is taken into consideration when planning corporate store expansion...

joeinaz

PS: when I am in the LA area, I try to make time to visit Micro Center. It's a wonderful store and a great resource for system builders...

• JamesN
    Options

I'll add to this. Phoenix had two Fry's electronics location with huge buildings. As far as I can tell, the locations haven't been sold yet, but not sure which public records to look up to find out.

• Ian
    Options
  • If the numbers help? Throw my hat into the "we NEED MC in Phoenix" ring.

I could commit to a yearly minimum in purchases :D

• Ian!  My main Man!! Hook a bro up!!  We're hurting up here in Alaska!  Anchorage has decent population,  but I live in the Fairbanks/ NP area.  Pop is probably around 50 - 60k, between Fairbanks,  North Pole, Ester, Fort Wainright (Army base), Eielson AFB (Air Force Base), Moose Creek, and Salcha.  There is a small Office Max.  That's about it.  Anchorage has a Best Buy, (Thank God), but, we PC enthusiasts are out in the cold!!   I'd even be happy for one in Washington, maybe Seattle but nothing!
    I'm writing after just seeing Steve Burke G/N's  new piece on Newegg screwing them over!  I've been trying to support Newegg, (except nit thrilled with the return policy).  But it looks like they're either too shady or incompetent to do business with.  I try not to use Amazon, but that's hard to ignore in Alaska. Shipping service is terrible here, and that Amazon return policy... hard to ignore.  
    FYI,  I have no plans to buy any hardware this year.  I have 2 PCs,  main is a MSI ACE, 5800x, 3080 FE, and 64 Gb of Corsair Dominator Platinum. 
    Backup Lunchbox is a portable Corsair Graphite 380t, which I LOVE,  AsRock Phantom Gaming ITX Thunderbolt 3, 3900X, and a 3070 FE.  I also just bought a buddy's 3060 Ti and HP Spectre 360. 
    My plan is to save up all this year, and be ready to throw mad loot at the next AM5/ Radeon Flagship.  (I don't Ray Trace much, and want to see what Radeon's better Rasterizing is about).  
    I DON'T want to throw Amazon my loot. Hope Micro Center can start hooking up us North West gamers!!  I've had some issues with Shipping to Alaska - it can be a real pain. Maybe Micro Center could look into that - maybe not necessarily a new Super Store, but at least a shipping warehouse in Alaska, for quick, expedited shipping, and getting some of those tricky items like battery backups and Lithium-ion batteries.   Anyways. Appreciate you guys.  Please stop up to the plate, as I suspect many PC enthusiasts will bail from Newegg after the GN piece.  Thanks!
  • ShujinTook
    Options

Please heavily consider opening a store in or around Buffalo, New York. Micro Center will also attract business from Ontario, Canada doing this. This territory will include Toronto which is a major city that would benefit from having a Micro Center near it.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    Options

There's always room for growth! We'll make sure our real estate team knows we're needed in Buffalo!

• BigKuvac
    Options

My MC PEEPs!

Always went to MC in Dallas even though Frys were everywhere. More knowledgeable and always bought my parts back in the day for my builds. Fast forward 20 years......now got kids and decided to have another go. Its already bad enough acquiring a GPU. But not having that microcenter down the street for just everyday needs on PC parts is FRUSTRATING! There is NOTHING in Phoenix. Frys is closed. Best Buy never has what you need and people only know how to look at twitter on their iPhones. OPEN ONE UP IN PHOENIX PLEASE.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    Options

Oh no, sorry to hear we're so far away! We get so many requests for the Phoenix area! We will get this over to our real estate team!

• Mr_Fox
    Mr_Fox ✭✭
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2022
    Options

Amen to this. I actually came to the MC web page looking for a "Contact Us" page to ask that the Phoenix area be considered for the next store. We REALLY need one here and it is clearly a large enough metropolitan area to support it. There is no doubt in my mind it would be wildly successful, and Arizona is one of the most favorable venues for business due to the very conservative approach, low property taxes, super-low income tax, etc. That is why Intel, AMD, TSMC and Motorola all have huge facilities here. It is also a very tech-friendly enviornment. The state rewards businesses and business owners here rather than punish them... very similar to Texas.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    Options

Thanks for showing support! Perhaps one day we will expand in that area!

• Faction
    Options

I know the population is smaller but one in Tucson would be great too 😉

• Ian
    Ian admin
    Options

Hmm, Tucson, you say? Sounds like we need to send this over to our real estate team for consideration!  

• Please build a Microcenter in Oklahoma City.

• Ian
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion! Perhaps one day we will expand in that area!

• Oburron
    Oburron
    First Comment
    edited October 2022
    Options

"Petition for Microcenter to Open Up a Store in Phoenix, Arizona"

https://chng.it/ggPY8pKXZd

Posting this little site to show how badly how many enthusiastic people genuinely want a Microcenter in Arizona (I signed it too.) Ever since the closing of Fry's Electronics in Arizona, there are very very very few stores that host a comprehensive collection of electronic parts, machinery, or tech from various specific brands like Microcenter has in incredible abundance. I dare say there is no one at all unless you count Best buy as a contender. Howbeit, they only host established brands they sponsor or maintain a beneficial partnership with. Then there's the used market, a nightmare. Vainly trying to source parts in Arizona without going online is like the state itself, a desert. No doubt, if they set up shop here in this state, it would be an oasis for the many in Az. 

• Ian
    Options

Thanks for your sharing your interest of a store in Phoenix! Perhaps one day we will expand in that area!

• designlab
    designlab
    First Comment
    edited January 2023
    Options

Buffalo would be a great central hub for a future location in the Western New York/Ontario/Great Lakes region.

Buffalo has experienced a 6.5% population increase from the previous consensus in 2010. First time since 1950 has the city proper saw a population increase.

Buffalo is becoming a recognized tech hub and named one of the top fastest growing startup cities.

Number 4 in young home buyers in 2019

I can't link because I'm new but here are the 2 articles for reference

• RPGamer92
    Options

Please come to Birmingham, Alabama. Big gaming/PC population here.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99