G701 Windows Issue

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Announcing Windows 11!.

Comments

• GrandpaOfLoba
    edited July 2021
    Options

My two year-old PowerSpec Ryzen 7 1700 8-core G701, with a ASUS Prime B350 Plus motherboard is not compatible with Windows 11, according to Microsoft...

"Your PC does not meet the minimum hardware requirements recommended for Windows 11 and there may be issues and bugs that impact your experience."

Well, it came with Windows 10 and I can't get it to update beyond 1909 - been trying for a LONG time now - and I have tried everything your techies and the Microsoft Community suggested. It seems the machine itself arrived broken.

I could not even load Windows 10 21H1 from DVD (made from the downloaded ISO) onto a virgin 2TB SATA disk. It always fails with this error: 0xc1900101 - 0x20017. So, what's wrong with this machine???

So, what gives? I thought I was buying a pretty advanced machine and now I find I can't upgrade it.

I am not a happy camper!

I'd upload an image of the window where I'm being told that but your website stops me: "Request failed with status code 500." That's not very helpful.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Hello and welcome to the Micro Center Community.

I've moved your comment to its own discussion thread. Go ahead and try to upload the image again now in a new post so we can see what we can do for you!

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

Greetings @GrandpaOfLoba

We've been looking into this issue. I was able to replicate the issue on the 3805 BIOS. This appears to be an issue with the SMU Firmware on this particular BIOS version, POST Windows 10 version 19H2. System upgraded 21H1 on a previous BIOS version, became unbootable after upgrading to 3805. Will not boot from 21H1 installation media either. Issue was resolved after updating to the latest BIOS for this board, 5602.

Our recommendation would be to update to 5602 to resolve the update issue. I would backup your system before doing this. Keep in mind updating the BIOS always presents a risk. You're updating the firmware on the board, if the process fails the board likely will no longer POST. If you're not comfortable with this process, you can bring the system in for service.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99