hello all

Options
jengeno
jengeno
Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2021 in General Discussion

I thought I made a post yesterday but apparently forgot to click post discussion.

My fiance picked up a HPZ240 SFF for me and i've had it almost a month now and have had nothing but issues. When I contact TECH support, They do not offer help they just send me a knowledge article. my ethernet wired driver needs to be updated, my location services do not work. and this morning i found out that this computer is from 2009. Great news..... =( so basically my fiance spent over $200 on a 11 year old computer.... that is RIDICULOUS! Had I known that it was this old... I would have spent $200 on another/new computer..... I am officially a unhappy customer and I will be returning this device as I do have an extended return policy due to the inconvenience of tech support not helping with ANYTHING. On top of everything, i have a missing 1219lm driver!

Comments

• DreadPirateRoberts
    Options

Sorry, bit confused here. Are you asking for help or just complaining about the $200 computer that you bought?

If you're looking for help, typically the knowledge articles are a good place to start. If you're able to describe more about the issue you're having, I could try to help! 😊

Most often, any missing drivers will be added with your Windows System Update. If you haven't done that already, that's where I'd start.

• jengeno
    Options

@DreadPirateRoberts

My apologies for the confusion. For personal reasons, I have to HAVE my location services on at all times. However, my location can never be found and that's one of the issues i'm having.. and i have my internet hardwired through a CAT6 ethernet cord to the back of the computer. So i'm going to buy a new E cord and see if that helps anything.

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited July 2021
    Options

Have you updated all the Windows Updates?

Did you perhaps disable these settings when you performed your first-time setup?

If so, I'd suggest you follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: If you are using any Proxy connection, try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

1. Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.
    2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    4. Uncheck the box next to "proxy server for your LAN."
    5. Click on OK to save the setting and close the window.

Method 2: Create a new user account and check if it helps.

If neither of these work for you, I'd recommend backing up your data and then perform a clean install of Windows 10

• jengeno
    Options

I have literally done everything you havve listed.... the E cord is ok.

• TSKyleH
    Options

I understand you have tried both methods, this would leave doing a clean install of windows to ensure all of the system files are working correctly. We offer great knowledge articles about the clean install process using an 8gb flash drive. https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/68-how-to-perform-a-clean-install-of-windows-10.

• JS_MC
    Options

Do you perhaps have a VPN enable that would be altering your perceived location?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99