How is this for a new build?

Options

Hi all,

I built a PC about 5-6 years ago. I haven't kept up much with the technology at all. I use my computer for Photoshop, video editing and rendering and web browsing with Chrome with over 100 tabs open at once. I know, close them when you are done. I don't.

The computer I have is one I built with i7-4770K, MSI LGA1150 Gaming 5 Motherboard with 16 GB of RAM, MSI GeForce 1060 Gaming X BV 6GB video card. I have no problems with the video and 2 large monitors. 1 HDMI, DVI. the 1 TB SSD, 3 GB RAIDed HD for storage. I am however, constantly pinning both the processor and the memory at 100% with a lot of disk activity, swapping?. I was trying to clean the board and broke the PCI slot for the Graphics card. I looked for a new board but they all seem to be in China and take at least a month to get here, used. So I decided to build another PC, reuse what I can, the case, graphics, drives but will be adding an NVMe drive.

I came up with this configuration. Any comments? My budget is around 1200 like I have it, but could go to 1500. I wanted to somewhat future proof as much as I can, that is why I went with AMD. I probably won't be using it for gaming, just photo and video editing, opening a million chrome tabs or cad programming. Any thoughts?

Here is the Microcenter link... https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=f2693237-3b6b-456f-a0c9-625a9a59faab

Thanks in advance for any advice, criticisms, additions, deletions, buy a chrome book instead. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Vince

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99