Ready to build, but what about graphics?

Options

I'm fairly confident in the build I've put together. I plan to have MicroCenter build the system.

However, I've selected an RTX 3060 as the GPU, simply because that was the only choice. And it isn't really a choice at all, because they tell me those aren't available and I need to buy one in-store. Ideally, I'd get a 3070 or 3070 Ti. I suppose with the current GPU shortage, I would take a 3060 if that's the best I can do.

But if I can't even order one of those, what options do I have? The computer isn't very useful to me without a graphics card. I'm not healthy, so it's not feasible for me to drive there every day and hope I get lucky to be there when they have GPU's for sale. I can't drive myself, and I can't walk easily, so that's just not an option.

Any ideas? Will Microcenter prioritize getting a graphics card for a system they are going to build and sell?

Best Answer

Answers

• Baldr
    Options

I visited my local store, explained to the salesman that I wanted to have Microcenter build me a system, but that I didn't know about getting a graphics card, and that without that, I couldn't buy.

He said that sometimes they have cards being saved for systems being built in store and he would check. Turns out, they had a 3070 Ti and a 3090 available. The 3090 isn't worth the extra money to me, but the 3070 Ti was, in the words of Goldilocks, "just right". So he took my order, and placed my system in line to be built.

Do to heavy demand, builds are taking 7 to 10 days (at the Dallas location.) So I'm looking forward to my new system soon.

• Ian
    Options

Glad to hear they got you sorted out!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99