How do I fix this?

Options
Namyy
Namyy
First Comment
edited September 2021 in General Discussion

Hello, I need help with this, my usb front and back panel doesnt working, but works on bios. I know its works on bios because its detect the drive that have windows installer in it. it still give power, but no data. I tried reinstall windows, download driver, update bios all still the same. hope u guys can help, thanks

Motherboard : Asrock B450M pro4

CPU : Ryzen 5 2600

Answers

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2021
    Options

Greetings @Namyy

AMD 3.1 controller, should be part of the chipset driver. Latest driver on the ASRock site for your board: https://download.asrock.com/Drivers/AMD/CPU/Chipset(v2.11.26.106).zip

You're better off going here and getting the latest driver for the B450 chipset: https://www.amd.com/en/support

This is running on Windows 10, correct?

• Namyy
    Options

yeah windows 10, and I already download and install all driver. all still won't fix. 😥

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@Namyy

Corrected my link in the above post, but you're certainly not missing any other chipset drivers. USB 3.1 drivers should be part of the OS as well. Could you tell us more about this system? Is this a fresh install of windows? Did this work at one point and stop?

My next assumption would be a registry filter issue. Check if the USB class key exists. If it doesn't, then it's impossible for a device with that class to install. There could also be an issue with filters on the class key, but typically they would let it install, but it would error out initializing. Check this location in your registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}

See if that key exists. If it does, screenshot what you have.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99