Liquid cooling for i9-11900k

Options

Looking for a single-radiator 120mm liquid cooling option for new build with i9-11900k. Considering Corsair Hydro Series H60 or H80 - are these sufficient for running at stock clock or maybe limited overclocking? Any better suggestions?

Best Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello! A Corsair H60 or H80 would be compatible, honestly with a 11900K I'd recommend a 240mm cooler, but a 120mm should be feasible without overclocking or light overclocking but you'd want to monitor temps.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The air coolers are efficient enough these days that the 120mm AIO liquid coolers aren't really worth it. Can your case simply no way support a 240mm cooler? The general rule is a segment of 120mm per 100 watts and the i9 is over 100 at 125W. So a 120 will probably keep it running but you will wonder why you spent so much on it only to get air cooling temps. I think you will be unhappy with a 120mm's cooling performance, really.

Answers

• Sinister
    Options

Most definitely depending on if you are not overclocking, the https://www.microcenter.com/product/634043/thermaltake-th120-argb-sync-120mm-aio-water-cooling-kit is also a valid option. Corsair also has there 3 year warranty from the manufacturer! I would try it out , if you don't get expected results return the product and try what ever your micro center has in stock!

• Taphead
    Options

Well, I am being cautiously optimistic and went with the H60. CPU is running in the high 30s at idle, occasionally pokes into low 40s running Win11 with all drivers and basic office apps, internet, etc. So far so good though I'm sure more cooling would be more better, though I'm pretty much maxed out on space; I could fit another static pressure fan on the backside of the radiator but that's about all I can do without modding the case. Still have a little cable cleanup to do but here's the situation.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

That does indeed look like the best you can do with that case. Tilt it towards its back (careful of the cords in the back) and let it run a minute to get any bubbles from the pump to go into the top of the radiator. Bubbles in the pump are bad. Is there any way you could fit the radiator in the back or top spot so the pump is not the highest point? After a year some fluid will evaporate out and you want the bubbles to naturally float upwards to somewhere that is not the pump.

• Taphead
    Options

Okay, finally migrated workflows to the new system and having installed some more demanding applications including games, all main components (VRM, motherboard, GPU, etc) seem to top out around 55C with the CPU topping out around 60C. Higher than I would like, but still well within safe parameters. Thanks for all the advice, the net verdict being "it will work, but not ideal."

• Ian
    Options

Glad to hear everything is up and working for you!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99