Need help selecting an X570 motherboard please!

Options

I have a parts list that I feel pretty good about, but I'm thinking about changing the Motherboard. Right now I have selected the Gigabyte X570 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard (based on a recommendation), but I'm feeling really deterred by some of the negative reviews, and the fact that I'll have to order online rather than pickup in store (I'm in Canada, ON).

I want an X570 Motherboard (in order to allow for future improvements) , but I feel really overwhelmed by all the options. In your opinion, is there an alternate option that would be better? Here is the build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/jenjs/saved/#view=KvBVWZ

Also, if you have any alternate suggestions for RAM I am interested :) The computer is for gaming/personal use.

Any help is deeply appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Answers

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

I have an ASRock that's over 10 years old that still runs 24/7 as a little home server. I bought one of their X570 for my new gaming PC as well but it is mATX and you probably want a full sized one for a 5000D. So, I really like that brand lately. No matter what brand you get, just don't get the cheaper ones. At $219 that Gigabyte you've picked out is likely a good one.

As for memory I always use Corsair or Crucial. Currently I have Corsair Vengeance LPX which is an excellent choice with Ryzen Zen 3 CPUs if you want top of the line without blinkenlights. If you want that the Vengeance series has a variant with RGB.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99