How to setup home network ip for 24/7 Live Streaming a pre-recorded content on YouTube

raminjan
raminjan ✭✭
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited September 2021 in Networking & Security

Hello guys, I have a problem with live streaming 24/7 when it comes to configuring my home network. I wonder if someone can guide me, please? Recently, I tried to stream with my home computer 24/7 on YouTube using OBS software. It failed. The Live Stream got interrupted after a week. I analyzed several of the Log files for OBS and it kept saying either computer hardware failure or network failure.

I began to investigate other options such as Static IP addresses. Because I read online and figured that having a dynamic IP address is one of the problems which could lead to interruptions of the live stream.

Added, I learned that my Optiplex 990 Dell Small form factor was a disrespect to the world of Live Streaming. ( I am a newbie and still learning, so don't laugh :D) but anyways, I am planning on building a hefty pc and I have attached the build here. But my main problem right now is the home network. Because I have about 20 devices in my house which may or may not need access to the internet. But none of them are online at the same time. I know I can rent a VPS and I have already but my goal is to keep a cheap VPS as a backup server. My main streaming should be from a hefty powerful machine at my house.

If anyone could A: help me understand what configuration can I do to my home network to make it ready for 24/7 Live streaming and B: if you would also like to see what PC build I am after for this Live Streaming and want to provide feedback on that, please see the attached file and reply.

Your opinion is always valued and appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    Answer ✓

Greetings. What is your intended budget for the build?

Your existing router may be able to set up a static IP, you can check the manual / settings of the router that you have and it should describe how to do this, if available.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99