Stock Trading Machine

Options

Im looking to make a good work computer for trading stocks. I'll have at least 2-4 monitors. This computer will mostly be used for trading. Whats a good setup I should be looking at?

Comments

• Ian
    Options

Greetings, what is your intended budget for this?

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

So the good news is that the 4 monitors on one PC is super easy to do these days. It used to be tricky. Microcenter has this graphics card that has 4 HDMI ports on it: ASUS GeForce GT 710 Passive Cooled 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 Graphics Card - Micro Center and it can display stock info on all 4 screens all day long without any problem. You can put as many in your PC as you have slots for, typically 2 but maybe 3. So that's 8 or even 12 monitors if you want total information overload.

The important thing to consider is, if at the end of the day you say enough stock trading now I want to play some video games, then you'll be unhappy. That video card runs 4 monitors showing productivity applications perfectly well BUT it is NOT for video games at all.

As Ian mentioned it is hard to advise on the rest of the computer without knowing your budget. I suggest you stop by your local Microcenter and talk to someone in person in the custom builds section.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99