X570 Aorus Pro WiFi - recently upgraded from Ryzen 7 3700X to Ryzen 7 5800X and PC won't power on.

Options

Would this be due to a lack of a bios update for the new chipset? What is the recommended fix....install previous chip, update bios, and then install new cpu? I'm just worried that something could have been bricked due to the lack of any power. I receive a quick light to the mobo but not an indicator light or anything, just the led strip for 1 second. The PC case has the power button illuminated but thats it. Any ideas? Is this a normal thing when upgrading chips without a bios upgrade?

Best Answer

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @MatTech

If the BIOS has not been updated since purchasing the motherboard, that is probably where I would start.

Luckily, you shouldn't need to swap CPUs for this. Here's Gigabyte's guide on using QFlash:

Be very careful to make sure that you do not lose power when you are updating your BIOS.

I would also recommend that all your PSU cables are connected to the motherboard properly. I'd specifically make sure that your CPU 8-pin and your Motherboard 24-pin are connected tightly.

Let us know if this works for you!

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99