Help please! My newly built PC won't post!

Options
Jazzy2121
Jazzy2121
Name Dropper First Comment
edited September 2021 in General Discussion

Hello, as the title says. My first time building a pc hasn't gone that well. The first 2 days everything was fine and dandy, but on the 10th i left my pc on to update and install stuff. When i came back I found that my pc was in sleep mode and wouldn't wake up no matter what i did. When i restarted it I found that it would not get past POST. I also see that the HDD light isn't blinking, which would show that it is being read. No beep, but it will turn on with fans spinning and LEDs lighting up. When i got a Motherboard speaker I found that it doesn't even beep when i turn it on. It WILL beep when i remove the memory, but with everything together it won't. The OS, Windows 10, is on the SSD. All these parts are new except the GPU.

My specs are:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.6 Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B550M-A AC

Memory: Team T Force Vulcan Z 16 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hardrive

SSD: Samsung 980 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

PC Case: NXZT H51O ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair RM 650w

The monitor is a Samsung monitor that supports AMD. I forgot what exactly it is,

So far i have tried:

taking out RAM and testing it one stick at a time. one DIMM slot at a time.

resetting BIOS, twice.

trying to see if motherboard will beep or start up without GPU. no post, no beep

testing monitor and HDMI chord. both work on my Laptop.

using the motherboard's hdmi, doesn't work since it doesn't support integrated graphics

turning it on without the HDD installed

plugging the pc into a different outlet

checked CPU for any obvious damage or dirt. clean as can be.

I used to have a PRIME B550M-A WIFI motherboard back when this first started, I exchanged it for the one I have now. thinking it was the Motherboard. still no post

The main thing that is confusing me here is that it worked perfectly fine for the first 2 days everything was together. the only things that happened were games dropping to 0 frames and my pc freezing. but after i updated all the drivers and replaced my monitor (it only had 30hz, when i needed one with 60hz) everything stopped freezing and games didn't buffer anymore. and now it wont even get past post.

Best Answer

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99